Cougar Panzer owners' opinions wanted please...

Associate
Hi All

I've been looking at Panzer S and G models to replace my Meshify C. I'm not looking for recommendations of other brands or models, I just want to know what owners think of these cases.

The Meshify is a great compact case but the system has grown to a point where it's reached the limits of what can be squeezed into it. With an FTW3 in place there's insufficient clearance for fans and a radiator a the front, and thanks to the VRM cooler on my mobo I can't fit a radiator larger than 240mm at the top. None of these would be a problem if the case was 1cm larger in every dimension, or if I wasn't running an FTW3 (which I only bought as it a particularly nice price).

So the question is what's your experience of these cases? Both have an apparently high quality of construction and the choice seems to be down to TG or mesh front and top panels, and both score well on thermal performance.

It beats me how they've engineered a well-performing TG-front intake on the G model when other similar designs don't fare as well, particularly on GPU thermals, and yet the reviews point to it being a great performer.

It's immediately obvious why the S should be a good thermal performer with all the mesh panels, and even though I personally think the G has a slightly cleaner look the S may be a slightly more practical design from a dust filtration point of view.

Given the excellent Panzer EVO reviews my search would probably have stopped right there, but it seems to be pretty much unobtanium in the UK.

To muddy the waters even further the Panzer Puritas looks like a very intriguing proposition, particularly with the internal mounting point for a radiator downstream of the intake fans - intriguing because it could work very well but there's no indication of where the radiator would actually vent to, and it's less of a draw if it's just pumping warm air behind the mobo with the intention of eventually finding its way out wherever it can. Unfortunately I can't find any reviews featuring in-depth thermal testing so I've no idea if this would perform as well as the other Panzers or even my Meshify.

One last thing, do either of the Panzer S or G models offer a dark tint to the TG side panels? My Meshify has the dark TG panels and it adds subtlety when off, and contrast to the existing white LED theme when on.

Cheers guys and girls :)

Back
Top Bottom