• P1

Votes: 89 52.0%
  • Type R

Votes: 82 48.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
willd58 said:
Is no one thinking "too good to be true here?"

I mean, its damn nice and i love it, but as someone who knows next to nothing about engines it looks like a highly stressed engine with a lot of potential to go wrong very very expensively.

382bhp/380lb/ft from a 2.5 isn't very stressed tbh, that setup would be capable of 400-450 with a bigger turbo and mapped to take advantage. As it is, thats going to be one very, very quick car on the road. It'll be wonderful to drive. Loads of low down torque.

Type%20R%20BHP%20Torque.jpg

DO IT!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
andi said:
382bhp/380lb/ft from a 2.5 isn't very stressed tbh, that setup would be capable of 400-450 with a bigger turbo and mapped to take advantage. As it is, thats going to be one very, very quick car on the road. It'll be wonderful to drive. Loads of low down torque.

Type%20R%20BHP%20Torque.jpg

DO IT!

DO IT!!!

400-450bhp of Scooby. Remember the sound of those things :cool:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Its an amazingly gorgeous wonderful car, BUT....i'd have an EVO.

No reason other than them being cooler :p

Soldato
Jez said:
Its an amazingly gorgeous wonderful car, BUT....i'd have an EVO.

No reason other than them being cooler :p

People dont stop what theyre doing to see what's coming when they hear an Evo... they do when they hear a Scooby though ;)

PS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!

Caporegime
VBDub said:
If I was getting a Scoob the only one I would get would be a P1.
Evo V for the win.

You do realise a P1 is simply a UK Type R with a different set of fog lights basically? Also the engines are pretty weak on the P1s

Soldato
Simon said:
You do realise a P1 is simply a UK Type R with a different set of fog lights basically? Also the engines are pretty weak on the P1s

The engine itself isn't a problem - it's the ECU map. It needs a remap straight out the factory.

Stupid stupid Subaru UK.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
VBDub said:
If I was getting a Scoob the only one I would get would be a P1.

As Simon just said, the P1 *IS BASICALLY AN STI-5 TYPE R*. Infact, the Type-R is a better car because it has DCCD and better gear ratios.

It always makes me laugh when people say OMG P1 is the only decent Scooby !!!!11

Yeah, the P1 is great and the Type-R is crap, even though they are basically the same... :rolleyes:

Simon: The engine is pretty much the same, but the reason the P1 has a reputation for being weak is because Prodrive didn't change the map for UK fuel, and hence a lot of them suffer from det.

EDIT: Beaten by Merlin :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom