Could really use some assistance with my X800XT/Arctic Cooling solution

Soldato
I would say the VF700 would be the better one, I use one myself and they are quite good... Alternatively, wait for the VF900 which should be in stock very soon! :)

No idea why the 12v rail didn't work though :confused:

Associate
OP
But that would be putting 12V (yellow) down the 5V (red) wire, which sounds pretty dangerous. Not only that but from what I gather the 5V is actually -5V so wouldn't that also make the fan turn in the opposite direction? Are you sure I should try that? What I did last night was connect yellow to yellow, black to black and the fan didn't turn. At the moment it is red to red, black to black, and it does turn but not at 100%.

Soldato
The colour of the wire from the cooler doesn't really matter. Its just red for live and black for ground. If you connect the red wire from the cooler to the yellow pin from one of the molexs and connect up the ground wire it will be running at 12v... the fan is rated at 12v so it'll be fine:)

The yellow wire on the arctic cooler will be the sensor wire.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That seems to have worked a treat, fan is turning faster and the temperatures have dropped drastically again. Thanks a lot for the help. :)

I'll eventually replace it with the Zalman as suggested but this at least allows me to continue using the system without limits between now and then. :)

Back
Top Bottom