Could someone help me with my fps issues? thanks!

Associate
I’ve found these forums helpful in the past, so I’ll go back to them for some help/advise for those of you that know what they’re doing. I am competing in Overwatch Open Division soon so I want my FPS to be at 144fps as much as possible. I have 16GB of DDR4 ram and a Ryzen 5 1600x paired with an MSI 1070ti. I dont expect it to be on epic settings, 200% render scale and be 144fps, but it’s quite the opposite. Even on Medium settings with 100% render scale I’m typically sitting at around 100-120FPS, (now i know, theres really not a difference between 120 and 144fps. But you’d think my computer would be able to pull it off with medium settings. Any help would be appreciated as it would help my gaming (And more importantly, streaming) life. My drivers are up to date and my computer has no viruses or anything of the sort. Thanks again people and I hope to hear some advise from you guys :D . Even when I am running the settings on low for when i compete, Im still not always being at 144fps...

Last edited:
Soldato
Try doing a bench mark of your system, which will identify if the performance of the PC is on par with similar builds. It should be a quick, easy way of identifying if you're PC is not running at its peak.

Soldato
With that setup those frames are really low. I’d make sure the drivers are up to date and everything is cooled adequately to be sure their not throttling.

Maxed out at 1080p that rig will pull near 200frames in overwatch looking at other matched systems play it.

Associate
Couple of questions to see if we can get this issue sorted: Are you on the latest BIOS? What resolution are you running? What speed is your ram running at? Out of curiosity, what PSU are you using?

Back
Top Bottom