Counter-Strike Documentary

Soldato
LMFAO......class they make it seem like there training scrawny kids are going to take over the world....(camera follows the cable) ouuu devious ......it just shows how crap the parents are in touch with there kids !!!!!! or how much control.....and is just a way of blaming it ...pure comedy i must say !!!!!!

Associate
if kids are really obsessed with sports eg football or rugby which are pretty violant in themselves its seen as a good thing i think we will have to wait for parents to get a greater understanding on whats going on before views will change. I think people are always looking for something to blame for there failure as parents it was music movies tv and now video games.

Man of Honour
da_mic_1530 said:
i was a really good cod player and regard meself as a good fps player, i never used WADS

Indeed, anyone who brands someone a 'noob' for not using WASD is probably one themself. IMO WASD is sub-optimal because it is at the side of the keyboard, making it very hard to reach keys to the right of centre, like "I" or "9". Something like TFGH gives you access to a wider variety of keys.

Of course, with more and more people using voice comms now it's perhaps not so important as you don't need so many teambinds, but in my day you needed to use around 30+ different keys if you wanted to play TP at a high level.

At the end of the day, it's mainly about what you get used to. I'm not going to instantly dismiss someone just because they use a 'strange' set of keys.

Associate
oh and another thing
go off shoot some real people in the army = good choice

have some fun with mates at home = bad choice

if your sat at home playing games you not out drinking and glassing people aswell lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the constant superiority by people from outside video games, who comment on them with things like this and the "OMG VIOLENCE!" quotes. They always seem to place the blame squarely at the feet of the people who make the games, and those who buy them, when I can't help but think that they just need to realise the somewhat obvious fact that men enjoy violence.

I'm not saying that every guy in the world wants to go out and beat the crap out of one another, but any man with testosterone kicking round their system will get a visceral kick out of some form of simplified violence and it's not just video games. Playing with army or cowboy stuff as kids, action films, or all the many sports out there, all are riddled with subtle forms of violence, or the assertion of male physicality in some way, and yet people are afraid to admit that they just might like it. It's just a male thing, born through centuries of surviving in the wild, and it's not going to change any time soon. We're not going to become killers just because we enjoy games any more than footballers become killers because they fight on the pitch, or kids become killers because they shoot each other with plastic guns. Rather, it's a release, and a way to let out the aggression that occasionally plagues us.

Teenager boys are simply the most susceptible to violent games because they have an excess of hormones pumping through their system at that age, and games provide one of the easiest ways to satisfy those urges. There's no real physical effort required and being online gives you anonymity and the ability to have complete control over what you do, while still providing you with that whole male competetiveness/dominance experience that gives you such a rush. It's can see how it becomes so addictive to some of them, but I don't think everyone else should be punished for some childrens' lack of discipline and their parents being unable to properly help them beyond fighting with them and threatening them stupidly.

Associate
Anyone notice about 6 and a half mins into the documentary. The kids Mother. Thought I recognised her - Nicky Guadagni, she was an actress in the film Cube.

Soldato
skullman said:
Anyone notice about 6 and a half mins into the documentary. The kids Mother. Thought I recognised her - Nicky Guadagni, she was an actress in the film Cube.

Really? that film is slightly more gory/violent than CS :p

Associate
OP
As i say to every person who moans about games turning kids into killers, I'm a computer games tester. Techinically the people in QA would therefore have to be the largest group of psycho killers in the world.

Soldato
i dont see why these parents dont just be more strict though?

i was lucky my parents never used to mind, 15-17 i played cs hours upon hours, now i rarely play it..infact not played it since October... for the most it will slow down any way

Caporegime
Nickg said:
lol one of them's called Pak1 or something

lol this one

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom