1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of members market questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alfie, 7 Oct 2009.

1. Alfie

Wise Guy

Before you ask........I HAVE READ THE FAQ! :p

I've got a lot of stuff to sell and I've got the following questions.

1) What is the preferred/best method of exchanging money? I don't really know much about paypal gift, how does that work?

2) Would people prefer me to include postage in the cost or quote it separately?

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right things and everything is secure.

Thanks in advance

2. neil3k

Soldato

1) Bank Transfer ?
    2) Yes

3. Alfie

Wise Guy

Ok, so with bank transfer, I accept an offer, email my bank details and wait for the money to come in, once it's in I ship the item............Is that how it works?

PS neil3k - Q2 wasn't a yes/no question ;)

4. Dark_Angel

Capodecina

SOme people also saying they will knock xxx amount of cash off if the person can collect I believe.

5. .Griff.

Mobster

1, BT. Once funds appear in the account ship the item. Paypal gift means the sender/buyer has the option to pay the fee(s) themself rather than the seller. However by sending a "gift" Paypal will not be interested if the sale goes wrong for any reason. (Not that I've seen many problems at all but I'm just telling you for the sake of it)

2, It's generally preferred to include postage in the cost.

6. Admiral Huddy

Caporegime

yes

this is up to you. I give people the choice of standard parcels and RMSD. Make sure you weigh your items and find the exact costs BEFORE you advertise. Some can be surprisingly expensive and it may not be worth the hassle..

7. Alfie

Wise Guy

Thanks folks :)