1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of n00b car questions :)

Discussion in 'Motors' started by xander_uk2, 25 May 2006.

1. xander_uk2

Hitman

It's time to get my car serviced (just hit the 53k mark) and there are a couple of other things bugging me.

Rear left hand tyre wear (passenger side) seems to be worse on the outside half? Not sure whats causing this as last time I checked it was fine. The other rear typer is in great nick too? It's only about half way through it's life, but at this rate the one on the left will need to be replaced in a couple of months max...

Also, i'm getting yellowing of the alloys on the front. Is there any way to get them back to shiny new?

I feel really dumb for asking the above, so be gentle :D

Car is a 52 Plate Astra SXI

2. thedazman67

Wise Guy

Uneven tyre wear is normally cause by incorrect wheel alignment. As for your wheels something like Meguires Wonder Wheels should sort them out for you however i havent had any experience with that product.

thedazman

3. xander_uk2

Hitman

I don't recall ever giving the wheel a bump while driving, but something must have happened. Tyre preassures are fine also

Going to check out the local garage on my lunch break for some decent alloy cleaner

4. D4VE

Sgarrista

Id go and get a 4 wheel alignment done, cheaper than driving around wearing out tyres in half the time! :)