1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courier damaged my hardware?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by OVC, 14 Oct 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OVC

Gangster

Ok for security and liable reasons I’m not going to go into too much detail with this question and a lot of what I’m about to say you will have to work out for yourself. A certain consignment courier whose name we shall just call “courier X” for now, damaged a consignment which contained...? Let’s call them electrical components instead of what they actually were? The consignment itself was not damaged but the inside of the consignment was damaged because of the consignment being damaged.

“Courier X” has to admit liability because they did not take care of the consignment when it was delivered to its destination. I’m kind of giving you a clue here mind... the chassis is bent inside and damaged beyond repair, I’m worried about the rest of the hardware although there does not seem to be damaged, I’m concerned about the long term affects. Should I replace everything as a safety precaution?

2. ejr22

Hitman

So your ordered a load of stuff from OCuK - components and a case, the case was damaged, and you want to know if you should return everything else that isn't damaged?

No.

3. asoxedri

Hitman

Thats what i would do.

4. Admiral Huddy

Caporegime

A telephone call is normally a good idea.

If this is OCUK you can use the Customer Services Forum , Web note or by calling any of these numbers:

Sales - UK 0871 910 910 1
    Sales - International +44 871 910 910 1
    Support - UK 0871 910 910 2
    Support - International +44 871 910 910 2
    Systems Support - UK 0871 910 910 3 (Mon-Fri only)
    Systems Support - International +44 871 910 910 3 (Mon-Fri only)

Last edited: 14 Oct 2009
  5. BigRazer93

Mobster

I would ring OCUK and tell them the situation. i'm sure they will be happlily to replace everything for you :).

6. Venares

Wise Guy

I would say anything sold state you can be reasonably sure is ok.
    However I would seriously consider returning stuff like hard disks if its as bad as you say :(

7. asoxedri

Hitman

just for my own piece of knowledge, in case like this, would OCuk or the courier fork out for the damaged goods?

8. Plec

Capodecina

If you don't name the courier or the e-tailer - there's no problem in describing the consignment in full detail and a giving a comprehensive description of the damage that has occurred.

We'll be far more able to advise you if you explain what the system build was made up of and the force you think was required to damage the case.

Having said all that if it's the e-tailor we all think it is just post in the 'customer service forums' - as they'll probably be very sympathetic to your problem.

9. kcer

Gangster

Did you really have to ask?

10. byteagig

Hitman

very diplomatic

11. Plec

Capodecina

Your goods would be replaced - and OcUk would probably pursue the courier for their compensation. Not sure how their end works - but you would be covered.

Just make sure you sign for the goods as ‘unopened/uninspected’ – the courier will have a screen box that he ticks or fills in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.