1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covering Letter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BennyC, 4 Mar 2010.

1. BennyC

Capodecina

I've spent some of today updating my CV, well more so addressing it to the relevant industry that I intend to seek employment within. (Fitness Industry as a Personal Trainer). It a career that's not relevant to my degree (Bespoke Furniture) but a passion that has taken over and transformed my life. I'm doing all the required & more qualifications along side my degree to get me going in the industry.

When I'm home for Easter I plan on handing out CV's to local gyms near to me. Ideally I'd like to find out who I should address the covering letters too for each location.

My question:

What exactly do you include in your covering letter?

So far I have:

Position
    Position type: temporary/permenant
    Brief summary of relevant qualifications (briefly explained that I'm studying for PT qualification at current)
    The date I'm seeking employment from
    Relevant experience
    Thank you for considering bla bla etc etc

I will check nearer the time if there are an available positions in which case position applied for will be more specific.

It's quite tough to write a 'generic' cover letter and I'm not sure exactly, if at all, how much detail I should be going into about how I'm suited for the job?

All help appreciated,

BennyC

Edit: Guess I better bung what I have so far up here:

Last edited: 4 Mar 2010
  2. Drunkenmassacre

Wise Guy

When last writing my cover letter, I googled for a template. Apparently it was the cover letter which stood out more than my cv... Not a good thing, but I got the job!

3. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

I've gone through and edited it a bit for style, however feel free to ignore if it doesn't scan as you want it to. The basic idea seems fine to me, just a few things I would have written differently and I've highlighted most of them in bold to make it easy for you to check. Good luck with the job hunt.

4. BennyC

Capodecina

Cheers SPW :)

5. GhostlyPea

Mobster

Gym? What company? :o

- Pea0n

6. meghatronic

Capodecina

I thought covering letters needed to have at least a little sycophancy?