CPU and motherboard dilemma

Associate
Hi all,

Got a question and I don't know if I should do it or not maybe you guys here can help me out.

So my wife's pc is a i5 6600 on a msi z170 gaming m5 motherboard, we bought an i5 7600k off ebay and was planning to use the z270 board I have stored away in a cupboard last time I used it it worked just fine

I installed the new cpu on the gigabyte z270 and it refuses to boot just goes around in a boot loop with no screen. The motherboard likes to boot off skylake cpu refuses to boot from kaby lake cpu.

SO we flashed the z170 so kaby lake will run on it and its fine

So now I bought a H110 gigabyte board it was cheap trying to keep costs down christmas is approaching and looked for z270 and other boards that support kaby lake but they are all out of my price range.

Now my question is, should I leave the kaby lake i5 7600k in the z170 or put it into Gigabye GA-H110-D3A

The new motherboard is a lot cheaper than the gaming M5 and I am thinking maybe she will get better gaming perfomance using the kaby lake mother as opposed to the z170a motherboard.

What do you guys think.

Associate
OP
she doesnt do overclocking, this new board supports her old cpu also so either way my son gets an upgrade I just want her to have the best performance

Associate
OP
ok sound like a plan then will leave the 7600k in the z170 and put the 6500 in the h110 he gets an upgrade either way, thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom