CPU cooler on a MS-7826 motherboard

RLC

RLC

Associate
Hi guys,

I've got a MS-7826 motherboard and need a new CPU fan for it. Can anyone recommend one? LGA 1150

I tried fitting a stock Intel one but the mobo looks like it has a special mounting hard installed into it.
It has screw holes at the points where the pegs would normally clip in and that mounting bracket on the back is riveted in I think.

I can post pictures if you've got a suggested imageboard.

RLC

RLC

Associate
OP
It is from a HP PC yeah. Have you any advice for removing it? I don't want to break the mobo!

What image hosting sites are recommended?

Man of Honour
I use Imgur. Just upload the image, click on the picture and then the "get sharing links" and copy the BBCode one and paste it on here.

From looking at pictures on google it seems that there are sticky circles around the mounting holes so hopefully it's the same for the backplate. Try to gently ease the corners of the backplate away from the board one at a time. Use something that isn't going to scratch the board so something made of plastic or similar. Using a hairdryer can help to soften the adhesive. Just take your time with it. Once removed you should be able to use a normal heatsink.

One alternative if you can't remove the backplate is to buy a cooler that uses a backplate that the coolers mounts screw into and hope that the thread size is the same.

Back
Top Bottom