• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU crunchtime

Soldato
so i have decided upon the bulk of my order with OcUK but still deciding on the chip as after checking out the AMD 64 bit 4000+ san diego its a lot faster in gaming benchmarks than the opty 165 up. so the chip look like it will be the san diego (overclock with water cooling). but how long until a single core san diego needs updating? will it last a year, or is it worth going Dual core. i just want gaming performance..

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldnt start worrying about how long it will last as in the world of high end computers as things change by the week now. your chip will be out of date in months..... but it matters not one bit because that 4000 processor will do what ever you want in terms of playing any game you like to mention, and will do for a long time.

Caporegime
As you will be using watercooling go for the dual core.You will more than likely get 2.7-2.8ghz with the 165.

This will give you gaming performance and wipe the floor with the single core varients in future games.

Back
Top Bottom