CPU fan speed not showing in BIOS or any software.

Associate
OP
I've never used an air cooled heatsink. This was my first PC and its had the AIO since the start. I did once enquire about a replacement cooler, they said they would send one, however I had to send mine back first and then once they received it, they would send a replacement. This would mean my PC would be out of action for several weeks which is not ideal. This is very odd from Corsair, as when my RAM had issues they sent the replacement first.

EDIT

I've requested another RMA for my cooler from Corsair, since it is still within the 5 year warranty. If I can receive a new unit, I may get it, especially since I'll have a brand new cooler in my system meaning it is less likely to fault anytime soon and I'll finally be able to have all the functionality that is advertised.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never used an air cooled heatsink.
Do you have radiator swimming in bath tube, with cold water running from tap and going to drain?
If not then that heatsink called as radiator is air cooled and all those waterpipes do is same job as heatpipes.
Marketing just "neglects" telling that.

In short load spikes high heat capacity of water slows down CPU's temperature rise making cooling efficiency look better.
But in continuous load depending on true ability to dissipate heat into air, most typical waterpipe coolers actually don't have advantage over high end heatpipe coolers when compared to noise.
Most "reviews" just avoid comparing waterpipe coolers to proper high end heatpipe coolers and are even more reluctant to do any kind cooling per noise comparison.
Or comparison is to scrappy stock HSFs/low end cheapos.
Which truely are horrible if you care about either performance or noise.

But in high end heatpipe coolers situation changes big time.
You would expect big marketing hype £140 H115i to beat heatpipe coolers easily when ramping up heat load, don't you?
Here it struggles to match £43 cooler in cooling per noise when CPU is overclocked:
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8...platinum-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html

Associate
OP
I completely understand what you're saying @EsaT. I never said that 'water coolers' were superior. I only said I've never used one (in the first place) since labcoattech said try "going back to an air cooled heatsink." I can't 'go back' if I've never used one in the first place on my system, hence why I said that.

Back
Top Bottom