CPU light on mobo X399 TR - no POST

Associate
Hi, Can anyone please help me with this problem on a new build. The spec is as follows...

Gigabyte X399 Designaire Mobo (latest firmware)
Threadripper 1950X CPU
32GB GSkill 3200MHz RAM (On approved list)
1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD
2x 1080Ti ASUS Rog Strix 11GB OC edition
Enermax Liqtech TR4 360 Cooler
Corsair Prime Titanium 1000W PSU
Fractal Design R6 case

I’m using Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 SSC cables instead of the Corsair supplier cables.

The system was built 3 days ago and has worked fine until now. I have benchmarked it with all the usual tools and have had no issues whatsoever.

I went to turn it on this morning and the CPU warning light is lit on the motherboard. The debug LED code on the motherboard just keeps quickly cycling between seemingly hundreds of different codes without stopping.

There is no display at all, but all of the fans spin up and the RGB lighting on the RAM and GPUs light up as normal.

So far I have done the following after unplugging all peripherals...

1. Reset the CMOS using the button on the mobo
2. Removed all RAM except for a single module left in the correct slot
3. Checked all connectors
4. Removed the SLI bridge connector
5. I don’t ‘think’ there is a short anywhere

The same issue remains.

One thing I did notice is that the Enermax logo on the CPU cooler block lights up briefly when the power is switched on, but then switches off. It stays off. When I touch the side of the block after 2-3 minutes it is hot to touch but the radiator remains cool. I read somewhere that this could indicate a pump issue/failure. I’m not sure if any of this is normal as I don’t remember if the Enermax logo usually lights up briefly and then comes on later during the boot... but surely the system would give an error code for pump failure?

In any case I’m not a regular system builder. I build a new PC every 3-4 years or so. I work in IT, but all of this hardware stuff just gives me a headache!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Associate
OP
Pump is powered from 4 pin ‘pump’ header on mobo. But the LED on the pump does light up briefly at boot suggesting it gets power at least momentarily.

Would a pump failure cause no display, no POST etc.?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks. Yes. I would have thought that I would at least get an on screen warning. Given the rapidly changing diagnostics codes on the mobo - which literally change 2-3 time per second constantly. It suggests that the mobo is faulty.

Unless someone else has seen this problem with the diagnostics codes on the mobo as well?

Man of Honour
Take everything out except CPU + cooler, 1x ram stick, mobo and one gpu and see if it posts? If it doesn't post, then you've narrowed it down.

Associate
OP
I’ve decided to replace the board and pump. Easy enough to swap as it’s new. I guess I’ve been mostly lucky with older builds as never had hardware issues before...

Back
Top Bottom