Cracked ceramic hob

Soldato
The other half cracked the hob earlier (don’t ask). Not on the actual heat plate area though.

daFuhz5.jpg

I could pull that bit of glass off if I tried hard enough, so I’ve left it for now. I’m concerned that if we spill something it may leak inside.
Does anyone know how these are made and whether my concerns are valid enough to just replace straight away, or less of an issue that I can just glue/seal with something and leave for the time being?

I have found the same hob and confident I can swap it out myself. But rather not have to fork out just yet unless I really have to.

Soldato
@Rossi~ as it's just a standard ceramic top and not an induction one i'd be very surprised if there was anything other than wiring going from the relay board to the elements and it looks to close to the edge for that anyway. I'd guess at the relay board being under the touch control.

But that is all guess work, you could try placing a torch on the glass as it can shine through on some tops.

Associate
I'd be a bit concerned about the possibility of the cracks expanding through the rest of the hob. By its very nature it'll expand and contract during use, and unevenly. It won't take very much for the entire top to go - or it may be fine, you just don't know.
A couple of liters of boiling water poured down your front isn't worth the risk though.

Back
Top Bottom