Crackle sound on start up.

Associate
Hi,

I've recently started having issues with my sound, whenever i restart boot up my PC i have a constant crackling sound. The only fix i'm aware of is changing the playback from the default S/PDIF Pass-through device to say, my speakers and back to the default again, if i do this straight away its fine, if i leave my PC to boot up and come back 5 or 10minutes later that fix doesn't work, it has to be done right away.

I use a mixamp going to my sound card using Fibre optic, and i use headphones for it. Obviously i know a fix for it but its just i wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue or might just know how to fix it.

I use Windows 10 and all of my drivers are upto date, My sound card is a Asus Xonar DX.

Thanks.

Soldato
I wonder if some Windows 10 update caused this to start happening. If it used to work fine, and no settings have been changed, not sure what else it could be.

Associate
I run a Xonar D2 and i'm fed up of Windows 10 updates messing my sound up in one way or another. I use the latest Uni drivers. I think it was the anniversary update that completely disabled my sound card...
I've always been able to sort things myself but at the moment I have a on going issue with Teamspeak and my sound output to other people that I didn't have up until recently.

Back
Top Bottom