1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a Webnote

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by Stellios, 31 Jan 2006.

1. Stellios

Capodecina

Hi guys, just wondering if i can get a hand with creating a webnote box system. Ive created the form HERE but i havent got a clue how to set up the PHP page it links to :( Ive gave the PHP page read.write permissions etc but i dont know what code i need to use to get it to work.

Just wondering if anyone had any useful guides to setting these things up or if anyone could give me a little help.

Any advice is gratefully appreciated.

Last edited: 31 Jan 2006
  2. Conrad11

Soldato

Hi there,

First of all, does your webhost support PHP?

You could try storing the webnotes into a database and reading off the database...I would wait for someone else to suggest something, as there might be a more feasible solution...

Thanks...

3. zetec452

Sgarrista

Sounds like a good solution to me.

Take a look at http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp to start your php knowledge. Also http://www.php.net/ will have some valuable information.

4. Trigger

Mobster

Would it be easier for you to have the form e-mail you what people input into it? If so, then maybe I can help...

5. Stellios

Capodecina

That would be even better than i was hoping for if it possible.

6. Conrad11

Soldato

Hi there,

If you are interested in the Webnote system you may want to have a look at this page for how to implement databases: http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql/1

If you want the contact form, then your contact php processing page would be something like this. If you need more help with this I can help on here or you can add me to msn at: ruudbarron [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Thanks...

7. Trigger

Mobster

I'll send the files to the e-mail address in your trust if that's ok because I can't upload them anywhere at the minute... :o

8. Stellios

Capodecina

Wow, thanks guys :)

I tried both the options given to me and decided to use Triggers as i found i couldnt get Conrads working for some reason :(

A big thank you to all that gave me help, and indeed one of my webspaces will not support PHP it seems, but the other does :)

Anyone wanting to check out the site can do so HERE

Thanks again :D

9. Trigger

Mobster

Glad to see it working mate :) Site looks pretty good as well :cool: