Creating PDF's

Associate
What adobe software allows you to edit or create pdf's apart from illustrator

reason being, is that illustrator is doing my nuts in because it keeps saying 'unknown error' when ever i try and save a document!!?!

arrghhh!!!

Thanks

Man of Honour
Adobe Acrobat?

Open Office allowed me to save as PDF last time I checked, although I'm not sure how feature rich it is compared to the Adobe products.

Permabanned
or Office 2007 beta 2 which is a free download (as far as i know), although the pdf functionality may not be there in the final version.

Permabanned
Same as Primo PDF.

Create the document in MS Word (or whatever) go to File and Print, choose the PRIMO printer and it will create a .PDF for you

Soldato
Creating pdf's is pretty simple, as mentioned above cutepdf is the one I'm most familiar with, but if they just install a virtual printer then they sound much the same. Editing a pdf is the hard part. Acrobat costs somewhere like £250 iirc. I'm keen to hear of any cheaper pdf editors too (<£100) - currently using verypdf for its annotate function, but isn't a pdf an image file (essentially)?

Man of Honour
Serif Page Plus 11 can read and edit PDFs and will cost precisely 1p less than 100 quid.

Another suggestion is PDF Converter Professional from Nuance and that will also cost less than your £100 target.

For creating PDFs the freeware open source solution of PDF Creator, already mentioned, cannot be beaten in my book.

Back
Top Bottom