Creative Zen Vision:M Arrived at OcUK!!!

Caporegime
Spike said:
the ipod does look like a very sexy piece of technology, but feature-wise the zen kills the ipod.

includes mains adapter for faster charging and charging on the move
outputs via av cable at full 640x480 instead of ipods 320240
battery lasts twice as long
supports a multitude of video formats. when putting vids on the zen if it doesnt support the format, it converts it so it does
radio
microphone (good for recording lectures for me)

those reasons were more than enough for me to choose the zen over the ipod. got mine today, its a great bit of kit.

And still people will say the ipod is better ;)

And on the drag and deop debate, i have no problem with it whatsoever, i just drag my albums over and they come up on the player. Using syncronisation just takes longer with no real benefits unless you download lots of single tracks and havent organised them properly in the first place.

Associate
Is it possible to convert DVD's to play on this thing? I'd like one for my trips between Birmingham and Norwich but unless I can somehow put proper films on it then I'll stick with my normal zen.

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
He's right like...
Take one of my muse CDs... I can't get the music any other way that itunes ripping it...
So it's encrypted somehow...

Associate
Caged said:
Which this isn't. I honestly don't see drag and drop as a viable solution for digital audio players any more, what with the capacities reaching 15,000 tracks. You need some software to keep track of all those, as well as handling the ratings, and the database relating all the songs to each other in terms of artist or whatever.

Ok, I'm guess your computer is just a mess of files dumped in your C: drive root directory... is it?

Many people prefer organising our music in folders using this very effective and efficient method:

Drive letter:\Artist\Album\01-Track name.mp3

Its certainly not difficult and it also means that files with incomplete/no ID3 tags can be organised where you want or grouped to gether.

I do however agree that a player needs a ID3 tag database to allow searching via artist or track name etc...
As this is very useful if you don't know where a track is.

Associate
james.miller said:
yeah, and its also illegal and hense against this forums rules.

Its not illegal as you own the DVD and are allowed to create a backup of the DVD.

Distrubing your backup to other who don't have the original DVD is illegal.

Soldato
it is illgeal netphreak. Yours is a common misconception so you'd better look it up. Id suggest the sticky in the Audio Visual forum would be a good start.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82885

We are all aware that with the prices of dvd writers that they are becoming more common & as such there are more & more threads about them. That is fine, however under no circumstances will it be allowed to talk about the ripping of, or copying of copyrighted dvd films. That IS illegal no matter what people think, unauthorised copying of dvd media is against the law, just watch the start of the dvd & you can see that for yourselves.

What you use your dvd hardware for is up to you, however any mention of copying films etc from dvd is not allowed and your accounts could be at risk because of it.

Following edited in by Juggler...

Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003 - an update to copyright law to bring the UK up-to-date in conjunction with the European Union Copyright Directive.

More information here:http://www.patent.gov.uk/copy/notices/2003/copy_direct3.htm

You are not legally authorised to make a back-up copy of a CD/DVD/etc for any reason in the UK.

I'm sure that's clear enough. If it's copywrited, if its encrypted, you can NOT llegally copy or back it up in any way shape or form in the UK. end of story.

Back
Top Bottom