Credit Card's?

Associate
Which bank / online company has the best credit card prices? As Im thinking about buying some items for my new car and cant afford it at the moment.

Thnaks

Soldato
From your profile, you're only 17.
I thought you had to be 18 to get a credit card?

Also, buying things on credit because you can't afford them is the first step down a long, slippery slope.
I would advise you to wait and save up until you can afford them.

Man of Honour
Define can't afford at the moment. Do you simply need to spread the money over 2-3 months or is it a longer term thing?

Credit cards, while very useful when used correctly, can be a path to ruin if you use them for the wrong reasons.

For the purposes you want, look for a card with 0% interest on Purchases for 6-9 months, companies like Egg, Mint, capital one etc are all worth a look.

But is it really that vital that you need these things?

Permabanned
Forbidden said:
Which bank / online company has the best credit card prices? As Im thinking about buying some items for my new car and cant afford it at the moment.

Thnaks

What sort of items, at what sort of price?

It may be that a credit card isnt the best way of paying for them.

In fact, it may well be the worst.

Associate
i bought part of my car with a credit card, had 0% for 12 months, was like having a cheap loan, although i would recommend that you make sure you can afford repayment of it, and make sure you stick to a payment schedule, and as soon as you can pay it off, do so, otherwise it can get messy!

Associate
Am waiting for my Sky credit card to come through, it's 0% purchases until Sept 2007 and get points to get money off the Sky TV bill. Am moving house and got a load of things to buy, so that'll do me. Slap the leather sofa, LCD TV, washing machine, fridge and freezer on the card and pay in 11 months and instead have the money in a savings account to earn interest and then pay it off in one go at the end. Job done! ;)

Soldato
Capital one is always a pretty good start- they offer new purchase's 0% for many months and balance transfers for years lol

Im sure your not stupid enough to get a credit and then not be able to make the payments back within the required time.
But just remember you'll be paying off something you bought x many months ago so not always the best route -

Everything I buy goes on credit card - but then goes down to 0 at the end of each month!

Back
Top Bottom