CRG 9 / new monitor clicking noise.. is it normal?

Caporegime
I do believe that the price is going to be fairly steep for that one though

Yup, I think Samsung have got half an eye on the top top end section and will price it at least a few hundred above what they normally charge but maybe a tough below the new 38" LG. Just a guess though, as it looks bloody fantastic!!

Soldato
OP
The G9 looks fantastic!
I do believe that the price is going to be fairly steep for that one though, but if I could afford it, that would be the end all be all for sure.

The clicking completely stopped for me currently after reconfiguring my setup (using different cables and rearranging everything slightly) - I've been using it all day and it's completely gone at the moment.
I don't think plugging it straight into the mains with a longer kettle lead solved it, neither did the new DP cable, but it was most likely just useage.
I've stopped messing about with the settings and switching it on and off like a maniac and now I can confirm that it settles after 30 minutes fully, without any further clicks happening after turning it on.
It'll maybe do one every 2 hours, if that.

I think what I had was just anxiety over the new product working properly, and frankly I still think that any amount of clicks even for 10 minutes after startup should be unacceptable at the higher end range, which I believe this monitor sits at, or used to sit at at one point in time at least.

However I do only use headphones at my desk, so that'll help bridge that gap, and today I was incredibly happy with how I could run my work program, have my references up and have my outlook on the left to not miss any work mails.

I will still consider fully what to do by the end of this week, but I'm pretty much sold on wanting to keep this one - it's a substantial jump in quality from my Predator x34, which I had for many years now and totally adored as well.

I do hope that you yourself will get the G9 though so that I may read about it on this forum. :p

Haha I doubt it. I think I’m getting the LG 77’’ oled.
I cba with lcd anymore.

Back
Top Bottom