1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Cries* Memtest86 help, please?

Discussion in 'Memory' started by monkeypants, 13 Jan 2006.

1. monkeypants

Mobster

Can anyone give me direct links (if possible) to create a boot CD for windows XP with Memtest 86 on please? I've tried loads, but all my attempts have failed.

Thanks!

2. stigggeh

Mobster

i think this is the one CLICK ME

i cant remember 100% but i think unzipped then opened the iso with nero and it auto done it for me last time.

if that fails this one works in windows (but i dont think its quite as good) CLICK ME

3. monkeypants

Mobster

Can I just stick this on a CD or do I have to do anything else?

Previous attempts have failed because I can't make a boot disk. :(

Thanks for the file stigggeh!

4. Bony Maloney

Sgarrista

I have just checked the one above. It opens Roxio for me, if I double click it it lets me burn a boot disc. Set your boot priority to cd/dvd drive and it should start at boot up. Hope this helps :)

5. smids

Soldato

Yup - extract the .iso image and burn the IMAGE (not the file itself) to the disc - so many people fall down on that - using something like Nero, Alcohol, Roxio etc.

6. monkeypants

Mobster

Wow you guys stay up late. Thanks though.

When I did it, it said that there were files attatched that may/will (don't remember which) be lost. I'm off to try it anyway.

EDIT: Just tried it and when I try to boot from the CD it just ignores it. Any ideas?

Last edited: 14 Jan 2006