1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Crossfire: How do I overclock more?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, 28 Jul 2006.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

HI there

I've got the slider push to max in the CC panel and I want more.

Got latest version of ATI tool, when it loads it says it needs to close a system process, some ATI thing that changes 2D/3D speeds so I say yes to remove this.

It loads and detects the 2D clock speeds.

When I try to set core above 650MHz it crashes, yet the core is at 700MHz with Overdrive CC panel and that runs fine.

Are there any other overclocking utilities I can or is this a known problem? Any fixes as I'd suspect these cards will get close to 750 core and over 1600 memory....

2. rxmac

Hitman

Think the problem is the 2d speeds use a lower core voltage so you need to set that to 3d voltage, or more :eek: ,also before upping the core speed. Don't aske me what the voltage needs to be set to though for 3d speeds :confused: im sure some one more knowledgable in these things will be along soon :D

3. tim_enchanter

Wise Guy

Yeah where are the crossfire experts?
    IIRC Gibbo there are two ATI services you should disable before using another prog for overclocking.

4. Gerard

Caporegime

5. tim_enchanter

Wise Guy

Cheers Gerard that looks like a good guide.
    I'll need it as I've not overclocked a gfx card for months now and don't wanna fry this one.