• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crossfire in 3Dmark05/06

Associate
OP
would having 3dmark 05 build 1.1.0 instead of 1.2.0 really effect the score on my hardware? dont know which version ive got so i'll check when i get home...

does everyone think my 3dmark 06 score is ok(havent ran it since reinstall, so should be a few hundred better)?

Associate
OP
this is a screen dump of what 3dmark 05 reads in my pci slots, as you can see it says the second slot(x8) is available:(

untitled17ba.gif

but in 3dmark 06 it registers fine thats why my score is spot on...

untitled22hr.gif

i disabled crossfire and ran both the tests again, came out with nearly the same score in 05 but a lot less in 06... so my question now is why isnt my slave card registering in 05??? ive reinstalled windows, drivers the application, updated bios, chipset drivers etc... and still no luck... another thing ive noticed aswell in the bios is that my PSU readings seem abit off(my 600W PSU that is, remember im using 2)

V12 = 12.062
V5 = 5.084
V3.3 = 3.268
V1.5 = 1.464
Vcore = 1.218

that seem abit off??? anyway why is one app working in crossfire and not the other:D someone please help:(

Associate
Have you done a "compare" with a similar system, when you submit your scores. You should be able to see if it's the CPU or GFX's that are suffering, in relation to rigs that perform as expected.

If your CPU score is down, then that is only ever going to hinder the performance of your CF cards. At least it should help solve where the bottleneck is, and direct you to the area that needs attention.

HTH's & Goodluck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom