Crosshair VI hero error please help

Associate
I recently built my own computer and it was all worksing fine until today where I turned it on but none of the inputs or outputs from the machine are functioning. Not the keyboard screen or mouse, but the microphone I have is as the red light on the mic is on but the inbuilt light I have on the keyboard isn't. On the mother board it has 54 on the Q code LED which is an unspecified memory initialisiation error. At first after turning it off and on multiple times in booted up with the inputs in and loaded up bios menu but then shut off the inputs and outputs after five minutes and back to when nothing connected. I have no idea what it is or how to fix it so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
Hi,

What bios are you using, some of the early bios had bricking issues, but none since the first ones.

Are you overclocking? CPU? Memory?

What is the spec of your other components? CPU, memory, PSU, heatsink?

Have you made any software changes, has windows updated recently?

The answers to the above may assist in troubleshooting your problem, and help others who may be able to assist.

I hope that this is resolved for you.

You could try removing any memory clocking and reseating the memory sticks. Try different slots or one stick at a time. Download the bootable version of memtest, put it on a CD and boot up with the CD you made.

regards.

Associate
OP
Update.
Managed to fix it by removing RAM sticks from the two they were in and swapping them to the other two, I'm summising that it was a dead RAM receiver
Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom