Croydon

Associate
I lived in Croydon for 2 years. Somehow everyone says its so bad, but in that 2 years nothing unpleasant had happened to me. Maybe I was lucky, but I have good memories about the place.

Caporegime
Leafy country villages is where I live and where I plan to stay for the forseeable future. Yes it's boring, but it's oh so pleasant and peaceful, and there's always Birmingham or Stratford when you want a bit of excitment. The worst kind of oikdom you get round my way is 16 year olds trying to get served in the boozebusters down the road.

Cities like London - you can keep em. I used to live in Maidenhead and that was paradise compared to Croydon.

Associate
Croydon is a bit of a hole, but you get used to it.
Worked there for years but our office moved to Wimbledon a couple of years back and while it's a bit more of a pain in the neck travelling (Coming from Bromley), the relatively civilised nature of everything in Wimbledon makes up for it.

Even Croydon has the odd Oasis of peace and culture, you just have to know where to look.

Soldato
I live in Coulsdon :eek:

Hooley here :)

Croydon isn't so bad, I grew up in Addiscombe which is far enough away from the town centre to be nice. It's not anywhere near as bad as people make out but the town centre isnt anywhere i'd like to be after 7. Not as bad as parts of Crawley though.

East Croydon is manic because it's got so many connections plus the tram so a lot of people go through there.

Saying all that, i'm glad i live out in Hooley/Coulsdon now. Thanksfully the small tescos that opened recently means I can acutally buy something after 6 in the evening lol.

Back
Top Bottom