Croydon

RSR

RSR

Soldato
My ex lived in Mitcham and the place scared me too be honest, its a bit a culture shock compared to where I live.

Man of Honour
Currently working from Coulsdon, the bad part is driving through Croydon. Hate that place. A friend of mine is a doctor and the amount of horrific stuff she sees in the A&E hospital on a daily basis would keep the newspapers busy for weeks. It really is a wretched hive of scum and villany.

Soldato
I'm staying down near the airport in Croydon on Saturday night, are the pubs full of vermin around there?
Possibly, also if you want to go to a bar/club on saturday TigerTiger is your best bet as it is 21+, all the idiot 17years olds will be in yates,lloyds and loop.
If you're lucky. Clubs in Croydon are hell holes, the pubs aren't much better but there's a Young's pub on Surrey Street Market called The Dog & Bull that's OK. It's a little bit less scummy because the booze's more expensive. Big beer garden, central but there's not a lot of foot traffic on that street so it's a bit more out of the way than most of the pubs around there.

Tbh, you're probably better off staying around the South Croydon end of town.

Associate
Really? Are we talking Croydon postcode or town centre? The postcode area is really rather large and plenty of nice places are encompassed.

The borough of Croydon itself has some very nice areas, but even the town centre has a few reasonable places to eat/drink.

This is obviously subjective, but in my opinion The Dog & Bull (Good old fashioned Youngs Pub in Surrey Street Market), The Spreadeagle (Good service, good beer and a civilised crowd), The Green Dragon (Good atmosphere, good music, gets a bit crowded sometimes and service can be a little slow).
Perhaps my favourite place is The Glamorgan which is a Gastro Pub a few mins walk from East Croydon Station (Away from the town centre). Excellent staff, friendly atmosphere, great food and very chilled and mature clientele.

They are about the only places in Croydon I can bring myself to frequent these days, mostly on Friday evenings to meet up with mates who still work there.

Can I point out that Croydon Town Centre is still a hole, in case this post was seen as some sort of defence against the charge.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good virgin media internet :p My wife never realised but our house choice was dictated by the quality of the internets (got me 50mb).

Hehe. Sadly they didnt extend the fiber to Hooley and because its all on the exchange in Coulsdon I'm stuck on adsl. It maxes out at 4.5mb which is a bit of a bummer but there's nothing I can do. Was on 20mb at my folks in Addiscombe (they just got 50mb grrrr). I get my own back by reminding them that my leccy bill is about a third of theirs!

I live in hope that BT fibre us up but I doubt it'll happen.

Can I point out that Croydon Town Centre is still a hole, in case this post was seen as some sort of defence against the charge.
I dont think anyone could try and defend the town centre. Its handy for the shops but everything else is dire.

Soldato
Yup Croydon is a dump, but its the only local place with a club like Black Sheep (Thursday only for Metal Night I must state). Bromley seems to get hit bad when going out on Friday/Saturday as all the ****** from Sidcup side come here :(

- Pea0n

Associate
Purley here :D Croydon is pretty "ghetto" to say the least and a lot of dodgy stuff goes on however to give it its due I have never had any problems when I have been out in Croydon. imo most people that get stabbed and shot in Croydon are not the "innocent angels" the parents say they are.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Yup Croydon is a dump, but its the only local place with a club like Black Sheep (Thursday only for Metal Night I must state). Bromley seems to get hit bad when going out on Friday/Saturday as all the ****** from Sidcup side come here :(

- Pea0n
Bromley used to be a lot worse than it is now. Go back 10 years and the high street was like a war zone on a Friday/Saturday night. Funny though, the 'hardest' pub on the high street (the Star and Garter opposite the cinema) is now Bromley's first gay bar :D

Soldato
Bromley used to be a lot worse than it is now. Go back 10 years and the high street was like a war zone on a Friday/Saturday night. Funny though, the 'hardest' pub on the high street (the Star and Garter opposite the cinema) is now Bromley's first gay bar :D

haha yeah I remember. That place won't stay open, I think it was "the greyhound" last

- Pea0n

Soldato
Looks a bit more like a cocktail bar as you say. I haven't been in the Ship for a while, seemed more like a pub though than a """club""" though :( usually I go to the Swan or Railway in Bromley when out for a quiet one (or seeing Snakebite/Silas live)

- Pea0n

Caporegime
Hahaha! Seems nice enough to me :confused:

Meh - it really isn't that great. Nightlife is average at best too, even Nuneaton is better (just) ;)

You like my new sig?

nvz5vo.jpg

Associate
I live on the outskirts of croydon towards Addiscombe and I now just travel to Bromley Glades when ever I need to do something, worse thing is though when ever I go to see someone who lives in walton the only real easy way of getting there is to go via bus to east croydon then take the tram O.o... shudder

Croydon or Chavdon as I call it really isn't a nice place, had two attempts at someone mugging me, I'm a skinny guy, but the Chavs don't seem quite with it half the time so it seems they got confused when I just stared at them lol... mind due... they were shorter and smaller... only risk I had was either being shotgunned, stabbed or something worse... haha.

Back
Top Bottom