Croydon

Associate
I bought a bird feeder.. I hung
it on my patio and filled
it lovingly with seed... It was indeed a beautiful bird feeder.
Within a
week we had hundreds of birds
taking advantage of the
Continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
building nests in the boards
of the patio, above the table,
and next to the barbecue..

Then came the bird ****. It was
everywhere; on the patio tiles,
the chairs, the table .....
everywhere!

Then some of the birds
turned mean. They would
dive bomb me and try to
peck me even though I had
fed them out of my own
pocket.

And other birds were
boisterous and loud. They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at
all hours of the day and night
and demanded that I fill it
when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
sit on my own back porch
anymore. So I took down the
bird feeder and in three days
the birds were gone. I cleaned
up their mess and took down
the many nests they had built
all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
it used to be ... quiet, serene
and no one demanding their
rights to a free meal...

Now let's see .......
Brown & our government give out
free food, subsidised housing,
free medical care, and free
education and allow anyone
born here to be an automatic
citizen.

Then the illegals come by
the millions. Suddenly
our taxes go up to pay for the
free services; small flats
are housing 5 or more families; you
have to wait 6 hours to be seen
by a doctor in an emergency surgery
because it is filled with illegal non tax payers;
your child's year 12 class is
behind other schools because
over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
bilingual box; I have to
'press one' to hear my bank
talk to me in English, and
people waving flags other
than 'The Union Jack' are
squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Its just my opinion but:
maybe, just maybe,
it's time for the government
to take down the damn bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not,
continue cleaning up the ****!

Associate
Am a Croydonier as well, well Wallington so kinda inbetween The Cronks and Slutton (both affectionate names). Got to admit that having been going to Croydon for the last 10 odd years it has gotten worse but then the same could be the same for anywhere TBH :)

Thankfully never really had any trouble with anybody in there but then I am a pretty big guy (frame and height) so never really get any trouble.

The Ship/Black Sheep are really good nights out especially if you like gothic girls ;) Apart from that your stuck with TigerTiger (meat market) or Reflex (80s bar which is damn good). Much prefer going out in Central London or Reigate/Crawley as its just a nicer atmosphere

Soldato
My sister just moved there from Purley. She looks out directly onto some nice fields (playground over to the right).

Grange park? Row of shops and a pub opposite the park?
If so, i live 2 minutes from there lol.

lol, The Black Sheep in Croydon is a **** hole. The one in Crystal Palace is quite nice though.

I actually quite like it.. Has to be Saturday night though :)

or Reigate/Crawley as its just a nicer atmosphere

Reigate has nothing! Apart from JJ's which is tiny!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
You like my new sig?

nvz5vo.jpg

D'oh!

Gog

Gog

Associate
Wow, never knew there were so many on this forum from around this area. I'm currently living up at Valley Park, which means I get to queue for 40 minutes to get out of my road on a bank holiday because of everyone going to/from Ikea. Tramlink has been a saviour for me. The value of my house almost trebled overnight when they announced it :)

Been living here/hereabouts most of my life (did a five year stint in Sutton 20 years back). It's got its good and bad areas like most places, although there do seem to be more bad than good nowadays. Never had a problem here myself though I do tend to stick to the bars/pubs I know (Dog & Bull, Brief, All Bar One, ocassionally the P&S if I'm meeting someone off the train). Still miss the Cartoon :(

Soldato
After spending last week working around London (Staines, Lewisham, Croydon) I can categorically state that London sucks. It just sucks.

I thought we had it bad up here with the M8 between Glasgow and Edinburgh, but when a 50mile drive along Motorway takes 3 hours. That's taking the pee!! I was getting serious road rage on the M25, felt like getting out and just attacking someone.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm back down that neck of the woods next week again, but luckily heading out of London area towards Woking area.

Associate
Am a Croydonier as well, well Wallington so kinda inbetween The Cronks and Slutton (both affectionate names). Got to admit that having been going to Croydon for the last 10 odd years it has gotten worse but then the same could be the same for anywhere TBH :)

Thankfully never really had any trouble with anybody in there but then I am a pretty big guy (frame and height) so never really get any trouble.

The Ship/Black Sheep are really good nights out especially if you like gothic girls ;) Apart from that your stuck with TigerTiger (meat market) or Reflex (80s bar which is damn good). Much prefer going out in Central London or Reigate/Crawley as its just a nicer atmosphere

Small world! Wallington lad here too. and agreed on the ship and sheep! if i go out to croydon, its for either those 2 places or the scream lounge.

Associate
I had a girlfriend in Wallington 5 years ago or so. Used to hate the Croydon bit of the journey, though I do remember going to the top of some shopping centre with her, looking out over the area and trying to spot trees...

Permabanned
A lot of them are. There is a big immigration centre/connection in Croydon - loads of Kosovans/Somalis etc.

As a person who has lived there for about 20 years, I have seen it gone downhill rapidly and the demographics have changed accordingly.

I hate to tell you this but Croydon has always been scum central, it was when we used to go to the Blue Orchid/Joe Bananas 20 years ago and it is now. Also I've been to many QPR games at Palace/Wimbledon at Selhurst over the years and it's always been one of the worst areas I've been to.

I suggest that you got used to a certain type of scumbag and you don't like other foreign scumbags moving in on your patch. :D

Associate
Bromley used to be a lot worse than it is now. Go back 10 years and the high street was like a war zone on a Friday/Saturday night. Funny though, the 'hardest' pub on the high street (the Star and Garter opposite the cinema) is now Bromley's first gay bar :D

Alas, even that radical move couldn't seem to save it and like The Greyhound and The Bell it seems to be closed now.

Associate
Saying all that, i'm glad i live out in Hooley/Coulsdon now. Thanksfully the small tescos that opened recently means I can acutally buy something after 6 in the evening lol.
Ooh crikey, I'm gonna have to post here now too! Any tesco and specifically that one, in that location (if you're talking about Coulsdon), is the first step in a downward spiral.

Croydon itself is a s**thole, it can't be denied. Specifically east croydon station area and then as you work your way northwards. Mayday hospital area for example is just plain dangerous.

However don't run away from the fact that from what I hear New Addington is far far worse..

Soldato
Ooh crikey, I'm gonna have to post here now too! Any tesco and specifically that one, in that location (if you're talking about Coulsdon), is the first step in a downward spiral.

I dont know, the only other chain in the area is waitrose which is just far too expensive for a lot of stuff apparently unless you are a pensioner. Plus the opening hours are nuts. That tescos is open until 11 even on a Sunday which is very handy.

They are talking about moving the library 50 yards down the road (to the old red lion site) to make it bigger which is great for the area too.

Growing up in addiscombe i knew i could buy food or something almost at any hour. When I started dating the wife who lived in coulsdon it was a real culture shock! I remember driving there one night at about 9 and it was like a ghost town.

Soldato

Its a Tesco Metro, no different from a local Londis (which we have along Chipstead Valley Road). If you need epic Tesco (town centre killer) pop along Brighton road to Purley cross.

Man of Honour
Working up in Enfield today, that's another ****hole of a place. Watford as well. And west london is pretty dire.

London has great places, but it has more of a share of rubbish places. Although I've lived here 2/3rds of my life nearly, I don't consider myself a Londoner, as I just don't like this place! :p

Back
Top Bottom