Cruise South West

Soldato
Morba said:
i struggle to find many cars as ugly as yours, it screams 'crush me'.
however you like it, so you bought it.
just like the people who mod their cars (no matter how excessively) do it because they want to. Aslong as they are happy im sure they dont give a damn about your opinion or most other peoples :]

I appreciate your opinion, but i see so many pink and purple townie cars with flamboyantly designed bodykits. I just find it odd how most townies/chavs/whatever would beat the crap into you even if you look at them funny whereas there is a certain element of homosexuality in the way in which they like to decorate their cars. *shrugs*

Soldato
Ahhh sorry. I forgot about gaijin's post.

I agree with you then. As long as it doesn't have any 'M' badges, I would say it was alright. Nothing wrong with using manufacturer standard parts IMO.

Soldato
MrMatteh said:
I should go along to the exeter one tomorrow :D

on a related note, there were a bunch of chavs 'chillin' on the street corner down the road. got some funny looks when i drove past (with dianna ross playing loud) :)

will be there tomorrow in me mates Scooby type r 360bhp/340 lbft :D (jap meet)

Soldato
There must be something going on around Great Yarmouth way as Halfords car park was full of 'em. All going into spend there pocket money on something with a blue LED on it.

Had one of the old fart boy racers give me some stick at the lights. He was in a Tigra in some bile green colour with generic dragon graphics with a booming exaust and a rear wing from a 747. He sat there blipping the throttle and did the typical old man boy racer launch- hardly any revs, drop the clutch hard, car bogs down, hold foot to the floor until you eventually hit 5k.

At the next set of lights him and his dried up old hag of a wife/gf looked over and had a little chuckle :confused: I was just making my way back to work its up to him if he thinks i'm racing :rolleyes: I was quite proud of my comments :p

Edit: I notic this Cha v in a Corsa thing popping up again. Just to clear things up a Cha v is a term for an individual such as a hooligan or a thug. The people you are talking about are the "boy racers" who whilst they might dress funny, and talk a bit wierd on the whole wouldn't hurt a fly. Whilst there taste is questionable they share a love for cars, they just go about it in a completely different way to must have us.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Nothing wrong with M badges on a car with genuine M-tec bodykit, suspension etc - indeed many of them actually come from the factory with M badges fitted - but M3 on anything bar an M3 and M5 on anything bar an M5 is just sad and pathetic.

Soldato
I always think each to their own but I can't understand spending hundreds of pounds on cars like Corsa's, more so if they actually declared all the modifications. It seems to me they may as well buy a car with a proper engine.

Rather than spending hundreds on sound systems.

I'm particularly talking about those who are partial to launches from the lights etc...

Soldato
agw_01 said:
And lose? :)

Yeah. Once or twice I've smoked a Corsa going onto a dual carriageway because they were following aggressively and sat there revving at the lights so it seemed like fun. Then I think to myself their bodykit, alloys and sound system are probably worth £2,000...

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Cryfreeman said:
Dont bite off more than you can chew and take on me mates white nova beast tho bud ;) :D

some horrid cars on swc but theres also some ok gear :)

I know, I've seen plenty of the turbo'd/2 litre converted novas about (a mate had one years ago) :)

I was referring to all the 306 diesels/very naff corsas and stuff that have it plastered all over them. Just made me laugh this guy last night couldn't go more than 5mph down a few hundred metre stretch, the taxi driver was very hacked off.

Again tonight they love to drive 1cm from your rear bumper, odd. Todays idiot was a calibra, couldn't see his lights or bonnet he was that close.

Soldato
Ev0 said:
I know, I've seen plenty of the turbo'd/2 litre converted novas about (a mate had one years ago) :)

I was referring to all the 306 diesels/very naff corsas and stuff that have it plastered all over them. Just made me laugh this guy last night couldn't go more than 5mph down a few hundred metre stretch, the taxi driver was very hacked off.

Again tonight they love to drive 1cm from your rear bumper, odd. Todays idiot was a calibra, couldn't see his lights or bonnet he was that close.

just give them the finger out the window :D

I remember following a local corsa up the bypass, he was really gunning it and wasnt to hard to keep up......

in me ford tranny works van :D

Soldato
Ev0 said:
They also have the cunning ability to drive 1cm from my rear bumper in a 30/40 limit, then when going onto the dual carrageway they never want to play.

Had the same thing, was driving in to college with a Pug 106 up my arse, doing 30mph, then he overtakes me and his mate waved :confused:

Then get into college and he does it again.

Kids eh :D

Associate
Had a quick look at the meet at the Exeter services, just little drive around the outskirts of the carpark. Saw a few nice cars - Supra, 3000GTO, but was more interested in the TVR Tuscan and Chimaera that I saw on Sandygate roundabout (Tuscan went off onto M5, Chimaera headed onto A38 or into Exeter) :p

Soldato
I go Boyracer hunting around Exeter sometimes, It's good fun.

A few weeks ago I was on my way to Cullompton with the girlfriend, came up behind a Mondeo, a totally standard looking one, when I got closer I noticed a big 'Tuning' sticker in the rear window and big flames down the side. The people inside were all wearing baseball caps (You all know the type) soon as they saw me they started speeding up, so I followed. They got upto about 90-100MPH, I got bored then and went past them at about 130MPH, pulled over a few miles later as I left the girlfriend behind. About 30secs behind me she arrives and they're about 3mins behind her :) She only has a 33BHP Bike too. What a giggle.

Caporegime
Gaijin said:
316 Saloon/ Coupe whatever, With M3 Skirts and bumpers, M3 alloys, M3 Mirrors and M3 badge on the back. Plenty wrong.

Perhaps I didn't describe it well enough :)

thats not what you said tho :]

a saloon with m3 kit on it is wrong?

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
No, a non M3 badged up to the hilt as an M3 is wrong.

On another note, a saloon M3 is right, I like 'em more than the coupe.

Permabanned
Ev0 said:

Ive found the trick to this, it occurred to me after a guy i know who drives an old school land rover was backended by this half blind old guy following on too close, into the sun i might add, in a brand new 1.2 corsa.

The land rover had a bit of plastic trim, from the corsa, hanging off. and a bit of paint along with some displaced mud on the rear step. The corsa had a buckled radiator, the altenator/drivebelt assembly had come apart. the car despite being new was probably near written off. so im gonna stick something similar to the back of the 306 and everyone who follows too close will pay in plastic and fibreglass!!!!

Soldato
Heh, I once saw an old Rover 213S driven by an old guy with a big banner in the rear window.

"If I stop quickly, can you?"

It was hand written too which made it even funnier :D

Back
Top Bottom