Crumball Rally

Associate
A mate did the "Rust to Rome" earlier this year(£200 limit) in and old 7 series, he's using it every day now, good reliable old car. A few on the run used Volvo's. Rovers with the Honda engine are a good choice.

Soldato
after having suggested this to a mate we've pretty much agreed to do the Thundercrawl 2010.

Initial thoughts are for an old 4x4, e.g. lwb landrover series I - III. figuring all we'll need to fix it if it dies is a hammer, screwdriver, adjustable wrench and some duct tape. =)

Associate
Team Danger zone

I did the Crumball Rally this year. Boulonge to Monaco via turin (based on the Italian Job) and it was abosolutely awesome fun. So much so im doing it again next year. We did it in a grey 1996 pegeout 405 estate lol. Being grey and not wanting to modify anything we when with a Top Gun theme, did the car up with F14 decals and drive in flight suits and mirrored sunglasses. There is nothing like charging through Europe to the next destination being passed and passing some completely trashed but well done up vehicles. One of the best was the red baron. Dont remember his car type but he had a "black machine gun" mounted on the bonnet that was actually an industrial water cannon. He'd pulled infront, sprayed it which sent the water over his car and onto our windscreen blinding us until the windscreen wipes got going git lol we got him back at the checkpoint by covering his car with bullet hole decals we'd brought. Pulling up at service stations/ hotels with stupid costumes on certainly gets the locals laughing.

So many other good ideas for cars/themes where brought the standard was very high. Jags/volvos/fords even a morris marina which nearly ran out of breath over the alps lol One teams car broke down the day before the rally so they picked up a nissan micra cheap, drove it to the start line and preceeded to tape on anything they could find from leaves, branches, rubbish any thing lol It made to monaco looking like a right state. That was a sight though, we took over monaco harbour with trashy cars and bad costumes! Lots of stories, great people, brilliant fun, cant recomend these budget road rallies enough :) Sign up you wont regret it.

We took the opportunity to extend the holiday and drive through itlay to lake como then over the Top gear driving roads through the alps to austira, then up the autobahns to the nurburgring then Belgium (spa) then home. 2500 miles in 10 days. Damn it! i need to stop writing and start planning next years run!

Soldato
bringing up an old thread but I finally got round to booking myself up this year, we are taking a 1995 rover vitesse, (suprise) I have been meaning to do it for ages so finally booked myself in end of last year, will post some updates in here pictures car progress and the like :)

Back
Top Bottom