Crusader Kings 3 - Paradox Interactive

Soldato
They keep pushing it because that's what people are buying. For every discerning player with a long list of expectations and little willingness to part with his money there's a hundred others lined up with their wallets open. Frankly, as a business, why would you ever cater to the former? As much as I want to rag on PDX and the like it's the customers who fundamentally have decided on this course of action. Where there's no money there's no business. :o

Soldato
I blame women. They are so materialistic. We've got a 3 bedroom house, me, the missus and two kids (one kid is 25 and the other is 20) , the 25 year old is planning to move out next year and the 20 year old will likely be moving out within the next 3 years...nevertheless, the missus wants to have a full height extension built on the house to contain a 4th bedroom.

I mean whats the point !? Its a point in time where if anything we should consolidate as there will be fewer people in the house, not increase the number of bedrooms. But thats a rant for a whole different thread :)

Did her sister or another family member bought a new bigger home? Because that what my ex wife did, dragging us from our 4 bed house close to civilization, to a 5 bed in the middle of nowhere.

Soldato
They keep pushing it because that's what people are buying. For every discerning player with a long list of expectations and little willingness to part with his money there's a hundred others lined up with their wallets open. Frankly, as a business, why would you ever cater to the former? As much as I want to rag on PDX and the like it's the customers who fundamentally have decided on this course of action. Where there's no money there's no business. :o

PDX becoming the new EA on mid-size publishers range :mad:
And they are not sort on profits you know, year on year they grow faster than anyone else in their category +14% revenue on 2019 over 2018 and +30% unique customers getting over the 4,000,000 individuals, many of whom own more than one game.

Caporegime
playing ck2 again and omfg every 2 seconds pop up, pop up, pop up, pop up.

trying to fight 5 wars at the same time with constant message spam makes me want to punch the damn monitor.

forgot how bloody stupid the amount of events in this game was.

no way I'm buying CK3.

Humankind can get my money instead

Soldato
playing ck2 again and omfg every 2 seconds pop up, pop up, pop up, pop up.

trying to fight 5 wars at the same time with constant message spam makes me want to punch the damn monitor.

forgot how bloody stupid the amount of events in this game was.

no way I'm buying CK3.

Humankind can get my money instead

I will wait until it goes on discount and ONLY after Byzantium & Islam have their expansions discounted also.

EU5 is the only game that would consider to buy from Paradox on release and that won't be out until next year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I will wait until it goes on discount and ONLY after Byzantium & Islam have their expansions discounted also.

EU5 is the only game that would consider to buy from Paradox on release and that won't be out until next year.
Humankind is this
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1124300/HUMANKIND/

looks to be more like a massively improved civilization game with I'd imagine a lot of stuff borrowed from Crusader kings.

Snippet from an interview about the combat in "HumanKind"
GC: So almost like Advance Wars or something?
JS:
Yeah, sure, or like XCOM of Final Fantasy Tactics. Endless Legend is the only game we’ve done until now that was on an actual geographical surface, as opposed to in space. And we got more and more feedback saying, ‘Please let us go full tactical’. So you have the option of playing that kind of highly tactical battle. But there’s also auto-resolution options and that sort of thing if you don’t want to.
GC: And it all takes place on the actual terrain of the map?
JS:
Yes, that’s something that kind of bothered us, ‘Two armies meet on a generic tabletop somewhere’. No, you’re on that map. Like, what would Agincourt have been on some other terrain? All these questions come to mind, so we want that to also be part of the gameplay experience.
hopefully they actually deliver on this.
then civ/CK series are dead to me

ahh saw on the steam forums one of the devs replied to someone asking about combat

1. Units are combined into armies that move together, but fan out once an actual battle starts and are then constrained to a battlefield, similar to Endless Legend.

2. Again similar to Endless Legend, you are not bound to the battle. You are free to manage your empire while fighting a battle (or several, if you are capable of dividing your attention like that.)

I never played endless legends personally but it seemed to get good reviews, I'm not in to fantasy, I prefer historical.

(post not talking about CK3 combat incase someone ends up confused)

Last edited:
Soldato
Humankind is this
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1124300/HUMANKIND/

looks to be more like a massively improved civilization game with I'd imagine a lot of stuff borrowed from Crusader kings.

Snippet from an interview about the combat in "HumanKind"

hopefully they actually deliver on this.
then civ/CK series are dead to me

ahh saw on the steam forums one of the devs replied to someone asking about combat

I never played endless legends personally but it seemed to get good reviews, I'm not in to fantasy, I prefer historical.

(post not talking about CK3 combat incase someone ends up confused)

Yeah, I was watching at this. However there is also Old Worlds which is more "war oriented". We shall see when both are released. :)
Cheers

Associate
I really want CK3 to be good, but I'll be keeping an eye on the feedback when it's released before buying it.

I'm enjoying CK2 at the moment, and have only scratched the surface with around 200 hours playtime so far.

If the CK3 feedback is positive then I may consider skipping CK2 and buying it.

If, as I expect, it's just fancy graphics, less content, and plenty of bugs, then I'll stick with CK2 for now, and most likely buy it on sale after a few DLC's have been released.

My confidence in PDS is quite low at the moment, so I really hope they have learned something from the Imperator release, and the last EU4 update, both of which have been a bit of a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom