Crusader Kings 3 - Paradox Interactive

Soldato
I watched a few YT vids last night including WAB, and it certainly looks polished if not perfect, and for £1 on GP ultimate, I'm in!

You could have had £58 off me today PDS, but seeing as you stole £55 off me last year for Imperator:Rome, you can get stuffed!

:D

Soldato
I did very slightly waver, but no, firmly sticking to my boycott until the dlc gouging strategy plays out, and subsequent Steam sales etc.

Soldato
The dlc gouging is a very paradoxy thing, but £1 to have the game was just too good to turn down :)

Is the MS Game Pass thing completely outside the Steam framework? In that you wouldn't be able to buy DLC in a Steam sale and apply it to use in the base game run through MS GP? This would leave your only option for dlc to buy it direct from Paradox, which I suppose is doable, but a bit more awkward. Unless MS are planning to put DLC for Paradox games on sale via Game Pass as well, I don't really have any experience of Game Pass, I don't know if they habitually offer paid DLC alongside the base games they essentially offer for free under the base sub? All sounds a bit waffy to me. £1 not bad for a month demo though I guess.

Man of Honour
Is the MS Game Pass thing completely outside the Steam framework? In that you wouldn't be able to buy DLC in a Steam sale and apply it to use in the base game run through MS GP? This would leave your only option for dlc to buy it direct from Paradox, which I suppose is doable, but a bit more awkward. Unless MS are planning to put DLC for Paradox games on sale via Game Pass as well, I don't really have any experience of Game Pass, I don't know if they habitually offer paid DLC alongside the base games they essentially offer for free under the base sub? All sounds a bit waffy to me. £1 not bad for a month demo though I guess.

Its outside of Steam yeah, gamepass does do DLC and sometimes has sales but not on the scale of full-on steam/epic sales etc. To be honest though, I could play CK3 on gamepass for 6 months with just the base game perfectly fine by which time the price of it on Steam/Cd Keys will have dropped and I could then just buy it on Steam/Cd Keys to pick up the DLC. Its not likely that I will want significant DLC for it within 6 months anyway , its already on cdkeys for 29.99 instead of the £40 that steam want for it

Soldato
Well this is night and day to IR launch. Extremely well-polished, the UI is brilliant, the game looks absolutely beautiful. There's tool tips and further explanations everywhere you click, the noob Island tutorial which I've just completed was a really solid introduction. CKII didn't grab me anything like this has done already, I found CKII clunky, squinty and unintuitive, III is so much better, a masterclass in presentation.

Very good tips video from Party Elite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbGDKTBQrHI

Soldato
I'll have to watch that video ^^

I've somehow managed to take 2/3 of Ireland and I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing. Accidentally got an alliance through marriage to somebody at the other side of Europe which is no help whatsoever.

Everyone else in Ireland apart from me converted to some weird faith, now I've taken the land they all hate me. Trying to get my priest guy to convert them but it's taking years!

Back
Top Bottom