1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Crysis 2 Gameplay!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by opethdisciple, 8 Jun 2010.

1. opethdisciple

Capodecina

2. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

Looking good, can't wait.

3. Swifty123

Hitman

They say console graphics will match PC. BS

Edit: Wonder how much it'll be any price info yet?

4. 2-step

Gangster

That does look good, and i believe that is a console version in the video! just by looking at the way he is moving

5. MonkeykingZX

Wise Guy

happy with this quote from the article "Crytek has said they aren't compromising on PC development in going for a multiplatform launch -- in fact they say the game will be graphically superior on PC"

6. rippling

Mobster

Graphically superior I should think so given. The xbox and ps3 graphics chips are about as powerful as an ati 1950 almost 3 or 4 generations old now

7. Marvin

Mobster

To be fair though, "graphically superior" means nothing. All games are graphically superior on a PC, due to the increased resolutions, framerates and driver-forced settings we use. So it may still be the same as the console version anyway. If so, I won't be pleased. Let's hope I'm wrong, and that it'll actually push development like the last one did...

8. MonkeykingZX

Wise Guy

true but with some multiplatform games you can't tell the difference by alot (other than framerate and a clearer image due to res), i imagine with this the difference will be alot more, especially frame rate wise lol

9. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

Thinking about it I believe this game is going to be held back by the fact it's on the consoles as well, I mean the city backdrop is hardly going to be as demanding as the first games tropical island setting and was probably chosen because it will be less taxing for the consoles to render. I think think crysis 2 is being developed for consoles first and PC second, shame.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2010
  10. MonkeykingZX

Wise Guy

quite possibly but then again if they get some large skylines going with large view distances, lots of reflective surfaces and lots of crap going on the consoles are still going to struggle like they do in alot of more intensive games

11. Adrianr

Soldato

I wouldn't be surprised after the bitchy backlash from the PC community over Crysis 1 they never develop a game to truely stress hardware for a good while.

12. asoxedri

Hitman

do you think they would have added dx11 bonus's for pc?

13. DotA

Hitman

looks awsome, just hope it wont mean that everyone will have to go out and upgrade

14. Boozebeard

Wise Guy

This should really be in the PC gaming section.

15. 555BUK

Mobster

It wouldn't be the first game that plays better on a console:).

I wonder whether it will it be a PC port to console, console port to PC, or complete stand-alone developments?

16. Alex74

Mobster

looking good, *fingers crossed for final release* :D

Just hope the pre-release footage actually reflects the game this time :p

17. Reavus

Gangster

looks great so far.

should be interesting to see what the system requirements are though, something tells me ill need to upgrade my pc to get the most out of it.

18. [email protected]

Caporegime

Looks rather good. Combat looks even better than fear 1, a stage or two up from that.

19. xb8browney

Soldato

Hm, I liked Crysis and Crysis warhead but I was't impressed with the video. Maybe it was just that level.

20. mame

Sgarrista

If it worked that way, PC gaming would be amazing. It doesn't work like that.

I think thats a console version as well. Remind me of this for some reason , more than it reminds me of Crysis 1

It looks a good game and no doubt I will get it at some point but from what I have seen it doesnt make me think Crysis at all.

My prediction is that all 3 versions are very similar, the PC version having the edge but with high hardware requirements.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2010