• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 2 Gameplay!

Soldato
There's certainly a possibility that they switched to a city so that the consoles could cope better with the environment, and it's a bit of a shame. Having said that, there should be more destructible environments in the city.

Soldato
I wouldn't be surprised after the bitchy backlash from the PC community over Crysis 1 they never develop a game to truely stress hardware for a good while.

I wouldn't be surprised either.

How dare my PC not run it max detail! It's badly coded, the developers are rubbish, moan moan moan!!! :(
*repeat*

You have to release graphically inferior games on PC these days to stop people crying.

Soldato
I'm getting more and more concerned about this game, as details come through its starting to look more and more like a console game, I just hope they're trying to keep the PC version quiet so as not to upset console owners

Associate
some of the stuff in this thread is a major fail

1) Crytek have explicitly stated on a number of occasions that the PC version will have things the console versions don't, one of these is better graphics

2) there are more than 2 suit modes seeing as you can customize the suit on the fly to have certain characteristics, also they combined the modes because it got annoying having to go into speed mode then quickly in to strength mode to get the best jump, it's not because of the console noobs.

Caporegime
some of the stuff in this thread is a major fail

1) Crytek have explicitly stated on a number of occasions that the PC version will have things the console versions don't, one of these is better graphics

2) there are more than 2 suit modes seeing as you can customize the suit on the fly to have certain characteristics, also they combined the modes because it got annoying having to go into speed mode then quickly in to strength mode to get the best jump, it's not because of the console noobs.

1.As said "better graphics" can mean little since even if it is full proper 1080p on the console, being able to run 1920 x 1200 with 2xaa will fulfill the "better graphics" claim. That and perhaps a biggest draw distance or nicer shadows. hope I am wrong it has full havok physx, full dx 11 features, etc that will bring a 5890 or gtx480 to its knees on max graphics at 1920 x 1200.

2. ANd probably still is because of the console noobs as they couldn;t have handled having to select between a choice of more than 2 modes.

Soldato
One thing is for certain though, rendering a box of building fascia is NOTHING compared to having a whole jungle with plants and trees. Unless they -really- up the ante when it comes to effects, post-processing and models this one will be less demanding then the first game for sure.

- Ordokai

Thats cos all games now are console priority so games cant be that demanding anymore:mad:

Associate
If it worked that way, PC gaming would be amazing. It doesn't work like that.

I think thats a console version as well. Remind me of this for some reason , more than it reminds me of Crysis 1

It looks a good game and no doubt I will get it at some point but from what I have seen it doesnt make me think Crysis at all.

My prediction is that all 3 versions are very similar, the PC version having the edge but with high hardware requirements.

That video just made me fire up Killzone 2, those graphics :O

Associate
Watching console gameplay with analog sticks makes me feel dizzy for some reason.

It's because of the FOV settings, on consoles developers zoom the view somewhat because it feels better when you play on a TV 5-10 feet away. When you play it on a monitor up close though it makes everything just feel totally wrong, as if your face is floating in front of the body.

Associate
To be fair though, "graphically superior" means nothing. All games are graphically superior on a PC, due to the increased resolutions, framerates and driver-forced settings we use. So it may still be the same as the console version anyway. If so, I won't be pleased. Let's hope I'm wrong, and that it'll actually push development like the last one did...

not just that,

running on a monitor (or 3 :D) via DVI presents a better picture than a TV via HDMi

Associate
Not all console games are 720p (See Gran Turismo, Tekken 6, Ridge Racer - All 1080p and 60fps).

which all feature very average / below average graphics

only wipeoutHD is coded nice on PS3 and runs High Resolution... BUT, its scaled to 1080p the real render resolution is actually some oddball slightly lower resolution!

the next gen consoles will really push high resolution and good graphics.

i dont see any of this being a problem for real gamers though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom