Soldato
After years of re-playing Crysis and being capped at 50fps/50hz which is quite horrible I have sorted it. I read all sorts of forum posts and messed around with NV driver config, Nvidia inspector profiles and GPU setting to no avail.

I read one post which suggested there was a programming error in the Crysis and Crysis Warhead engine that never got patched and you had to set pixel number under the native res.

Anyway, to resolve go into Nvidia Control panel to Display > Change resolution > Customise > create new resolution e.g. 3439x1440@100Hz and select OK.

When in Crysis, choose this resolution to enjoy the buttery smoothness! Guess it will work with other resolutions, 120Hz and 144Hz displays too. Tested Crysis Warhead and confirmed working

Soldato
I remember this bug!
Far as I can recall it was a full screen / full screen borderless bug. Another way to fix it is to simply hit alt and return once in game which switches it to full screen borderless and bypasses the cap.

I suspect your fix is effectively doing the same thing i.e. Making it not true fullscreen

A great great game and the visuals still really hold up today, and especially with some mods.

Soldato
Good call, this is on my list to replay again, Crysis is an epic game. Anyone know if there is the same problem/fix on AMD?

It's taken what, ten years for a 50FPS cap in Crysis!? lol :) Although I recall this being the one game that was somehow playable even at 30 FPS.

Back
Top Bottom