Crysis HD trailer

Man of Honour
Augmented said:
Glad they're rethinking the whole "dark-tunnel-turn corner-shoot mutant" thing; that spoiled Far Cry for me.

Pretty hard to tell from these sort of things though - if you watch Far Cry trailers, or pre-release screenshots, it didn't really look like a "dark-tunnel-turn corner-shoot mutant" sort of game either.

Soldato
HangTime said:
Pretty hard to tell from these sort of things though - if you watch Far Cry trailers, or pre-release screenshots, it didn't really look like a "dark-tunnel-turn corner-shoot mutant" sort of game either.
That's very true; I was going on the basis of the developer's comments connected to the preview:
As an example, he cited the introduction of mutants into Far Cry's story about halfway through the game. Up until that point, Far Cry was an intelligent shooter that let you approach the game however you wanted to. You could skulk around in the jungle, sneaking past guys. Or you could take down an armed camp using your own tactics. Once the mutants were introduced, however, Yerli said that the gameplay switched to being "reactive," just like pretty much every other shooter on the market. In other words, a bad guy suddenly appears, and you have to shoot him quickly. Obviously, the nonlinear approach was better, and so the company learned its lesson.
Source :)

Soldato
turtle3 said:
going by the 360 performance in GRAW and Oblivion it wont have the power for this level of detail,, I hope the developers find a way of optimizing the 360 or something :(

AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Anyway...

This game looks amazing so far, I just wonder what sort of kit we're going to need to be able to play it looking as good as the video. This is one I'm really going to be keeping an eye on!

Associate
Hi,

I doubt whether there will be any cards this year, that can run that game at the level shown in the video.In recent times the performance increase of newer cards, is not light years ahead of the cards they supercede (1800xtx-1900xtx), you gain about 10 fps or so.

Perhaps the makers are expecting us to go quad Sli or Crossfire. Unless both Nvidia and ATi have some incredible new core in the making.

Xbox 360 wise, I've heard that 2 of the processors have actually been turned off while Microsft figures out how to get them to integrate with the rest of the system????? If this is true, there's a lot more to come on the graphics side.

Soldato
raja said:
Xbox 360 wise, I've heard that 2 of the processors have actually been turned off while Microsft figures out how to get them to integrate with the rest of the system????? If this is true, there's a lot more to come on the graphics side.

According to what I read from several developers regarding the X360, the extra processor shouldn't have a bearing on the consoles graphics all that much if at all. Remember it's the GPU that does the video processing not the CPU or in this case CPU's. It will be used more for things like physics. Don't hold me to that though, just what I read. :)

Associate
I have never really understood why people are so fascinated by FarCry. I mean it's certainly one of the better games but IMO doesn't compare with the likes of FEAR or HL2 and I would have only given it about 85%.

Graphically it's stunning and the AI is also one of the best but I can't help thinking that game developers are running out of ideas. The game started off fine but when it started producing mutants I started to lose interest. Plus the later stages of the game I found very hard and frustrating to complete.

IMO us gamers are crying out for a human vs human, set in todays time. Something like Goldeneye comes to mind, that game never got boring, even when i'd completed it.

Permabanned
Monstermunch said:
Why did all the games mags give it between 91 and 95% any ideas?

The only thing I an think of is for the visuals and the AI

Games mags and review sites have a history of overrating stuff. Look at Doom 3 for starters - if it wasn't made by ID and didn't have allegedly technically impressive graphics then, based purely on its gameplay it would have rated what, 5 out of 10?

Far Cry got all the hype because of its graphics in my opinion. Half Life on the other hand was an incredibly immersive and playable game, with a brilliant storyline which gripped you all the way through.

Associate
raja said:
if using ATI, you can set the shader options in CCC, should help you to see certain colours.................

Thanks - well worth a try.

Bradmax57 said:
I guess that could kind of make things a little difficult :(

Yes, but they must be able to do something about it. Loads of blokes are colour blind, and the most common one is red/green IIRC.

Soldato
Pinkeyes said:
I'm really hoping they do a colour blind mod - I am red / green colour blind and couldn't see a single soldier in the forest shooting section...

Woo me too. :D Well, orange/green so similar. I thought it was just me being useless but I could hardly see soldiers in the forest too. Your not alone! lol.

Associate
Firegod said:
Woo me too. :D Well, orange/green so similar. I thought it was just me being useless but I could hardly see soldiers in the forest too. Your not alone! lol.

weird huh. I know you are not *meant* to see them, but I was genuinely thinking "what is he shooting at ?"

Lets hope they come up with a Pink jump suit mod or something then.

Back
Top Bottom