Crysis Remastered 2020

Soldato
I have to say the performance of this in can it run Crysis mode on a 3080, the graphics are good but they're not the best of the crop. I'm sure performance will be better with proper drivers and a full release. Linus was recording on that PC too.

Caporegime
This whole things is just weird.

It doesn't look that good compared to other modern games and seems to run like an absolute dog.

Seems to be completely pointless.

Soldato
This whole things is just weird.

It doesn't look that good compared to other modern games and seems to run like an absolute dog.

Seems to be completely pointless.

I agree nothing but a cash grab. I mean I've even got Crysis Remastered on the Switch and that never had the original in the first place!

MS Flight Simulator 2020 is the new Crysis anyway I hear. Can it run MS Flight Sim 2020.

Soldato
I was given this to review on Xbox and it’s a mess. When you start the game all the textures are corrupt and the screen gimps out. How that got through play testing is anyone’s guess. Just another crappy cash grab much better looking and playing games out there...

Soldato
Price is not bad, and still have a voucher for -£10 from last sale but think I'll wait for the GOG release instead, don't have a 3080 yet anyway. Don't know why people complain about CIRC performance or the graphics, but as they say, people's stupidity really is endless.

edit: some settings are broken and if you use presets they don't work properly; here's optimised settings
KCtKK6V.png

Last edited:
Soldato
DSOG tested it, apparently it suffers from the same CPU limitation:

In order to test the game, we used an Intel i9 9900K with 16GB of DDR4 at 3600Mhz and an NVIDIA RTX 2080Ti. We also used Windows 10 64-bit and the latest version of the GeForce drivers.

As you can see in the following screenshot, at 1080p/Very High our system was running the game with 48fps. Our GPU usage was at 58% and one of our CPU cores was maxed out. In short, the following screenshot showcases the game’s CPU optimization issues. Yes, similarly to the original game, Crysis Remastered cannot take advantage of multi-core CPUs.

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...eaded-cpu-issues-just-like-the-original-game/

Disappointing.

Soldato
Remastered. Crysis isn't worth a replay if you've already played it period. I own the damn game twice over. To pay again is like VHS, to, DVD, to blu-ray, To 4k UHD. No no No.

Associate
I was concerned that it would turn out like this, seems to be a pointless remaster at this point if it suffers the same issues as the original. The thing that confuses me is didn't the old console versions run on an updated version of cryengine that had some form of multi core support?

I know it's different platforms and all that, but how have they managed to screw that up? Pure laziness and a cash grab I think.

V F

V F

Soldato
I was concerned that it would turn out like this, seems to be a pointless remaster at this point if it suffers the same issues as the original. The thing that confuses me is didn't the old console versions run on an updated version of cryengine that had some form of multi core support?

I know it's different platforms and all that, but how have they managed to screw that up? Pure laziness and a cash grab I think.

Same problems but tarted up. Badly. Feels like colouring-in books. This is why I mainly really despise marketing.

Back
Top Bottom