Crysis Remastered 2020

ne0

ne0

Associate
Utterly ridiculous for a 13 year old game remastered in the era of many core cpu's.

They're running the game at 1080p lol, of course it's gonna be cpu limited at that res. Plenty of vids on YouTube showing the game running in 4k with gpu usage at 99%....

Soldato
They're running the game at 1080p lol, of course it's gonna be cpu limited at that res. Plenty of vids on YouTube showing the game running in 4k with gpu usage at 99%....

You would be right if the game would have ran at 100fps+, 48fps due to inappropriate coding has nothing to do with the resolution. Is just bad.

crysis-remastered-suffers-from-single-threaded-cpu-issues-just-like-the-original-game

Associate
Its something not right with game. I am playing on Aorus Waterforce 2080 Ti and 9700K . 1440P and details CAN IT RUN CRYSIS.
Have smooth 45-55fps with gpu usage 90%. And when i am looking at distance gpu usage drops to 60-70% and fps go to 30-35fps. When i turn camera usage back to 90% and fps goes up . Something not right. Also not only me ,the same thing on other youtube gameplays with same pc.

16:18

Soldato
That's quite a twist. A PC exclusive 2007 that was then ported to consoles for 2011 to then be ported back to PC claimed as a remaster for 2020.
Remember Crysis Warhead :rolleyes: Crytek got called out for that as well when the LOD was nowhere near what they originally showed it to be on PC :(:eek:

Soldato
It's based on the console version because that one was done with a later version of Cryengine which DID support multi-core, as does the new Remastered version BUT !!! that doesn't mean it's gonna saturate your 16 core CPU, it just means it's not longer capped to a SINGLE core/thread. So don't expect perfect scaling, which even modern titles don't do anyway. This is still a DX11 game so 4c/8t is basically the best you can hope for.

Furthermore, if you crank up settings to the max WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WHAT THEY DO, don't complain when your system struggles as it has to deal with LOD0 everywhere! The demands a setting puts on a system is not equivalent to how it looks to your eyes, so don't expect those 2 to match up. I posted optimised settings on the other page, if you want better than that then you'll have to wait for new hardware. The CIRC settings are supposed to be punishing for current hardware, they're brute force settings - if you want bang for buck then time to accept lower settings. And yes, if you're using Ryzen, that means lower performance - sorry to tell you but it's not as fast as Intel for gaming.

EiNiuX1XYAA0SnJ
EiR9YcMWkAAw2J8

Soldato
It's based on the console version because that one was done with a later version of Cryengine which DID support multi-core, as does the new Remastered version BUT !!! that doesn't mean it's gonna saturate your 16 core CPU, it just means it's not longer capped to a SINGLE core/thread. So don't expect perfect scaling, which even modern titles don't do anyway. This is still a DX11 game so 4c/8t is basically the best you can hope for.

Mate it still runs like a dog and looks awful. Its got awful bogged down feeling, you can't sprint diagonally power jumping has a huge delay compared to the original. Just feels off. I booted up original crysis and it felt so much more fluid and was much more enjoyable. I monitored cpu performance last night and it barley touches anything other than 2 cores to prove that I locked 4 of my physical cores out and it ran just as well with 2 which proves it ain't doing much else with the other 4. The only real setting which bogged my system down was ray tracing (as I have a 1080ti) but no matter how much fiddling was done it just feels ropey as hell. Ill stick to og crysis and maldo

Soldato

Furthermore, if you crank up settings to the max WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WHAT THEY DO, don't complain when your system struggles as it has to deal with LOD0 everywhere! The demands a setting puts on a system is not equivalent to how it looks to your eyes, so don't expect those 2 to match up. I posted optimised settings on the other page, if you want better than that then you'll have to wait for new hardware. The CIRC settings are supposed to be punishing for current hardware, they're brute force settings - if you want bang for buck then time to accept lower settings. And yes, if you're using Ryzen, that means lower performance - sorry to tell you but it's not as fast as Intel for gaming.

EiNiuX1XYAA0SnJ
EiR9YcMWkAAw2J8

Who the hell is running games at 720p these days?

Soldato
Mate it still runs like a dog and looks awful. Its got awful bogged down feeling, you can't sprint diagonally power jumping has a huge delay compared to the original. Just feels off. I booted up original crysis and it felt so much more fluid and was much more enjoyable. I monitored cpu performance last night and it barley touches anything other than 2 cores to prove that I locked 4 of my physical cores out and it ran just as well with 2 which proves it ain't doing much else with the other 4. The only real setting which bogged my system down was ray tracing (as I have a 1080ti) but no matter how much fiddling was done it just feels ropey as hell. Ill stick to og crysis and maldo
Those are gameplay issues, I'm talking purely about performance. You can see in the test above the scaling which isn't great for new CPUs but nonetheless is well above single-threaded claims. Locking 60 fps is absolutely achievable though.

Who the hell is running games at 720p these days?

People who understand what they're testing.

V F

V F

Soldato
Remember Crysis Warhead :rolleyes: Crytek got called out for that as well when the LOD was nowhere near what they originally showed it to be on PC :(:eek:

Crysis Warhead was actually my favourite. I thought it had better action battles. Plus I ran it with some awesome mods. It was very pretty.

I remember it looked something along the lines of... As I went full eye candy with it.

Back
Top Bottom