Crysis Remastered 2020

Caporegime
As DF video shows, the remaster is based off the then era console version which pruned out a lot of stuff as it didn't need to be or could not be rendered by the consoles. You'd have thought Crytek would have put the missing bits back into the remaster since both PC and console hardware can handle them so it should be universally there but nope, they didn't put them back.

Yep. What a totally bizarre way for them to go about this. Did they think the PC gaming community would not notice....do they even know the PC gaming community :p :eek:.

Soldato
do they even know the PC gaming community

That's the problem, they do know the PC gaming community. Companies pull **** like this because they know enough people will buy into the hype and ***** money all over their half-arsed and half-finished products. It's the reason why so many games release as 'Early Access' these days (yes, people pay full price to beta test a game that may never get a full release) and why CoD is such a money maker.

Man of Honour
It's a shambles really. I would be shaking my head in shame if I had pre-ordered this. Hell I don't pre-order full stop really unless it's a game that is by a developer worth their salt and any day 1 issues are ironed out in steady time.

Soldato
Same. I never pre-order and I very rarely buy into any early access titles. In fact, the only early access title I have is Hell Let Loose and even in it's current state it's far better than a lot of 'fully finished' titles.

Caporegime
As DF video shows, the remaster is based off the then era console version which pruned out a lot of stuff as it didn't need to be or could not be rendered by the consoles. You'd have thought Crytek would have put the missing bits back into the remaster since both PC and console hardware can handle them so it should be universally there but nope, they didn't put them back.

Doesn't even make sense that they would base it off that version, the whole reason that version of the game existing on a newer version of the engine was it was the only way they could get it to run on consoles at the time due to it's multicore support. And this version of the game still has the same crap multicore support as the original. It's like they took the console version, slapped it into the original engine and released it.

V F

V F

Soldato

I had no idea the Ascension mission was taken out and no lean controls. The lean controls were such a great feature.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I'm personally having a blast with the remaster. With the right tweaks it plays and looks absolutely incredible for such an old game. I forgot how much FUN this game is too.

I get why people are mad about certain things but the remaster is still awesome imo.

Soldato
Well this thread is reminding me that, despite downloading and installing it at least a dozen times over the years, I never actually got round to playing the original!

Associate
Since the remastered disappointed me i've been playing through the original Crysis, still had it installed on my old HDD with some graphical mods from around 2011. Had to do a quick fix to get it running on W10 and since i've been having a blast, just played 4 hours straight and am at the take out the AA guns at the harbor part.
Dont get many good singleplayer FPS like this anymore :( will most likely go through warhead and 3 after, 2 was garbage from memory.

Soldato
Fired up the original tonight, still looks amazing, so ahead of its time its incredible it still rivals some modern games! 13 years on!

If they sort this remaster optimisation, I may be tempted.

Back
Top Bottom