Crysis Remastered 2020

Soldato
Fired up the original tonight, still looks amazing, so ahead of its time its incredible it still rivals some modern games! 13 years on!

If they sort this remaster optimisation, I may be tempted.

But it is sorted, problem is people (and you can see them in this thread) have no capacity to think - just to whine. The remaster looks better than the original while having higher performance at equivalent settings. The issue is that for CIRC settings in the remaster performance nose-dives and people only focus on that without understanding what those settings do. Same reason we are not getting better PC versions of games except very rarely - people are too stupid & they just crank settings to the max then whine about it, so developers have learned to manage the stupidity by just not giving people the option anymore.
Don't get me wrong, it's not like the remaster is perfect, but some people are blowing minor issues out of the water & pretending like significant improvements haven't been made. If people had focused on the issues it does have like art changes and the like, or changed physics, I'd be ok with that as those are legitimate grievances. And hopefully Crytek/Saber will fix those as the feedback comes in and as they have stated they will keep patching the game.

Performance:
C4xlpdv.png

Last edited:
Associate
But it is sorted, problem is people (and you can see them in this thread) have no capacity to think - just to whine. The remaster looks better than the original while having higher performance at equivalent settings. The issue is that for CIRC settings in the remaster performance nose-dives and people only focus on that without understanding what those settings do. Same reason we are not getting better PC versions of games except very rarely - people are too stupid & they just crank settings to the max then whine about it, so developers have learned to manage the stupidity by just not giving people the option anymore.
Don't get me wrong, it's not like the remaster is perfect, but some people are blowing minor issues out of the water & pretending like significant improvements haven't been made. If people had focused on the issues it does have like art changes and the like, or changed physics, I'd be ok with that as those are legitimate grievances. And hopefully Crytek/Saber will fix those as the feedback comes in and as they have stated they will keep patching the game.

Performance:
C4xlpdv.png

Apart from the mountains in the background, everything in the remastered shot looks worse. A lot worse, especially the buildings in the middle ground. It almost looks like ARMA2. What does the same scene look like at Very High in the remastered version and what are the FPS?

V F

V F

Soldato

Performance:
C4xlpdv.png

Oh really? Is that so...

You obviously don't know Saber Interactive. They fudged up Quake Champions and left it in a really bad spot. Which was also a console engine for a PC only game. Id Software ditched Saber Interactive back in 2018 for all the problems.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Hah unless you have the remaster and have played it, tweaked it yourself then you can't comment on the visuals, sorry. I have been tempted to post some screenshots to shut people up but I can't be bothered.

Yes, DF are correct there are some things left out due to them using the console port as a base but trust me the remaster looks and plays incredible if you set it up properly and have a decent system.

People need to stop jumping on the bandwagon and try things out for themselves before making judgements.

Soldato
Apart from the mountains in the background, everything in the remastered shot looks worse. A lot worse, especially the buildings in the middle ground. It almost looks like ARMA2. What does the same scene look like at Very High in the remastered version and what are the FPS?
I posted that screen to illustrate the performance gap. Whatever you might think of the Remaster one thing is indisputable - it can lock 60 fps unlike the OG and has better performance overall.
If you want to see quality differences with the new features, there's no shortage of comparisons on the internet.
As4VrNj.png qHhhmod.png
7tP4JRn.png

Oh really? Is that so...
You obviously don't know Saber Interactive. They fudged up Quake Champions and left it in a really bad spot. Which was also a console engine for a PC only game. Id Software ditched Saber Interactive back in 2018 for all the problems.
What does that have to do with this game? If your point is that they might not keep at it with patching - ok, maybe. It would be a shame but the game still stands on its own as it is, even if it doesn't hit the lofty targets we had hoped it would hit.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
What does that have to do with this game? If your point is that they might not keep at it with patching - ok, maybe. It would be a shame but the game still stands on its own as it is, even if it doesn't hit the lofty targets we had hoped it would hit.

If you knew about Saber Interactive, they've established a bad reputation with extremely broken games for a long time now.

Soldato
Being a big crysis fan I was really looking forward to this game and all they really needed to do to get a sale from me was to essentially let me play the OG game without the FPS being gimped by the old single core limitation. Of course the remaster looks better in many ways (not all imo) but basing on the old console port with a missing level and some other omissions stings and so I will likely wait for it to go on sale.

Soldato
This studio is done...lazy ass devs cearly don't care anymore.

This is a shocking remaster for PC. Console its probably acceptable but thats only bc the original console ports were laggy as..

So much wrong with this though and mainly all linked to the little details that do actually matter in this game quite a lot! But the biggest sin is the entire flying level removed and the lazy ass devs poor excuse for not having it in.

Pathetic.

Soldato
It is frustrating. This should have been so much better. I think BFV on Ultra looks just as good LOL and this was pioneering game for its time. It should have moved the goal posts again. Instead they used the 360 port and slapped tart on it and actually made a mockery of their own game try hard to be a meme again. So dissapointing.

Soldato
"Can't Code Crysis"

It looks trash. It is amazing how good the graphics look in the old game to be honest. Some of the detail is horrible in the new one. This was a cash grab it seems, and nothing more. The total illumination seems to make everything looks worse in a lot of cases :(

Caporegime

Performance:
C4xlpdv.png

Objectively, the remastered screenshot there looks a lot worse (apart from the distant mountain). There is far less detail on every part of the terrain. look at the hill to the right of the shot for a start!

Suspended
It's a on the Epic store so I won't be touching it.

Looks like they're mucked it up anyway, they extended view distance and then added software raytracing, but they forgot to multithread... :D

Soldato
It's a on the Epic store so I won't be touching it.

Looks like they're mucked it up anyway, they extended view distance and then added software raytracing, but they forgot to multithread... :D

No they didn't forget to multithread, it's using dx11 the same as ms flight sim 2020 which can multithread but isn't modern enough to run modern multicore cpus efficiently. It's dx11 they didn't just 'forget'.

All this negativity for the sake of negativities sake eh.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
No they didn't forget to multithread, it's using dx11 the same as ms flight sim 2020 which isn't designed to run multicore cpus efficiently but that's the dx version. It's dx11 they didn't just 'forget'.

That's rubbish. The Division 2 uses DX11 and can use multicore efficiently as well as it having DX12 mode.

Soldato
Been looking at this a lot in the past couple of days and the verdict is: It's absolutely ****

Avoid, its the xbox 360 version as well, tarted up, but still not as good looking as the original and missing a ton of the game!! Madness.

Get the original proper PC version and get the new crysis enhanced edition mod with the 8k textures and other stuff in it and it absolutely mullers this 'remastered' version....and runs at playable FPS as well! lol

Soldato
That's rubbish. The Division 2 uses DX11 and can use multicore efficiently as well as it having DX12 mode.

really? well look at the ms2020 thread re : DX11......it does use more than one thread but it runs into multicore issues which is the same as Cryris remastered which is DX11 as well. The ms2020 thread are saying that it's running into issues all based around the DX version and not running properly/optimised for the multicores. I think it was an Alpha tester said they had an area which was DX12 which then used all the cores.

Just read: One of the core advantages of low-level APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan is improved CPU utilization. Traditionally with DirectX 9 and 11 based games, most games only used 2-4 cores for the various mechanics: Physics, AI, draw-calls, etc. Some games were even limited to one. With DirectX 12 that has changed. The load is more evenly distributed across all cores, making multi-core CPUs more relevant for gamers.

Last edited:
Associate
I honestly can’t believe they are charging money for this remaster. I’m embarrassed for them how poor it is. Either it should have been left in the past where it belongs or you do the job properly. An epic failure in my opinion. Sorry for the rant!

Soldato
I honestly can’t believe they are charging money for this remaster. I’m embarrassed for them how poor it is. Either it should have been left in the past where it belongs or you do the job properly. An epic failure in my opinion. Sorry for the rant!

can you not get a refund for it?

Back
Top Bottom