Crytek [Crysis] Next Generation Video [Hi Res]

Associate
Damn damn damn just DAYYMMMMEEE

I think Im gonna have to save up loads of money and buy the best DX10 card I can when they have got it all up and running.

I love the way the bushes move as u brush past them. Is this specific to crytek engine or is this a dx10 feature that any dev and use on there game?

Soldato
I'm sure most engines will use it, its a pretty big thing to keep to one company.

Also, I wouldnt buy a dx10 spec pc as soon as possible, it'll suck for a while, then things will get going :)

Think I might wait till 07 for a new pc. Hope things dont advance randomly quickly now xD

Soldato
Freeman said:
Nice but lightyears away from looking like real life, i wonder if games will ever get that advanced.

But do we want it to look like real life? We want a break from the real world ffs.

nick_cfc said:
the screenshots look much more impressive than that video.

You are joking me right? So on top of all the FX, you aren't impressed by the real time interaction between objects and players, oh and the real-time object destruction? Need I go on? The video is stunning.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The whole world is just so much more dynamic. The gfx make not be lightyear ahead of farCry, but th interaction i the environment is immense and makes it so much more life like. Brushing past the folliage, smashing into buildings- lovely.

Soldato
OP
Frost said:
the only new thing i can see is the more interactive environments, everything else can be done on dx9 allready surely?

Most likely, but some of the key features of DX10 reduce overheads for the CPU and GPU [revised DLL system, reduced penalties for state changes]. This means we can actually run those type of graphics at acceptable frames including AI and physics.

Soldato
Robert said:
But do we want it to look like real life? We want a break from the real world ffs.

God, you don't need to swear about it, if stuff as small as me saying it's far from real stresses you out, you need to see a doctor!
Games are getting more realistic to relate to the real world, fact, i just simply asked when you guys thought it would be looking 100% real and if this was possible.

Some people, really.

Soldato
That looks amazing.

I can't wait to play it. Far Cry was a brilliant game. This looks like it will be too. Jungle warfare rocks! :D

Somebody should make a Predator game with that engine!

PS: That tech demo video has been out for like 6 months now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Freeman said:
God, you don't need to swear about it, if stuff as small as me saying it's far from real stresses you out, you need to see a doctor!
Games are getting more realistic to relate to the real world, fact, i just simply asked when you guys thought it would be looking 100% real and if this was possible.

Some people, really.

lol, see a doctor hahahahahahaha. Now I've finished laughing - no. What are you talking about real for? Who said that? Nobody even hinted it at, nor should they.

Also 99% of people playing online games may need to see a doctor, according to you of course.

Soldato
OP
Robert said:

Many games are based on real world actualisation. The 'break' you refer to does not need to be purely visual. Infact, it is many developers aim to have lifelife graphics and physics due to the immersion factor. The aspect of gaming that gives us 'a break' is the environment we are immersed in. How many of us will ever be able to fly a jet? Well imagine if you had lifelife graphics, how fantastic would the immersion be and without the risk/danger or necessary intellect to fly.

Another factor remains, that it will be an option to have it looking like real life. At the moment we cannot actually make lifelike games that run suitably. But in the future the technological limits will be small enough that developers can do anything.

Back
Top Bottom