Crytek [Crysis] Next Generation Video [Hi Res]

Permabanned
Robert said:
But do we want it to look like real life? We want a break from the real world ffs.

Yes, I want games to be visually indistinguishable from real life. I want to experience things I might never have the chance to in the real world. The rules and boundaries(Physical, mental, legal...etc) we live within today are what I'd say, makes the real world. An experience in our world free from these boundaries is what I would define as breaking from the real world.

Soldato
MiGSY said:
Yes, I want games to be visually indistinguishable from real life. I want to experience things I might never have the chance to in the real world. The rules and boundaries(Physical, mental, legal...etc) we live within today are what I'd say, makes the real world. An experience in our world free from these boundaries is what I would define as breaking from the real world.

The "rendered" element gives us a nice break from what our world looks like. I don't care whether it's how it looks or what goes on. The same goes for films like Shrek or Toy Story, the whole point being that they're totally different from reality. If you want reality you'll probably looking at VR kit.

Soldato
Robert said:
But do we want it to look like real life? We want a break from the real world ffs.

You are joking me right? So on top of all the FX, you aren't impressed by the real time interaction between objects and players, oh and the real-time object destruction? Need I go on? The video is stunning.

that object interaction you was in FarCry!!!! with the leaves moving etc.

i will admit, when that truck drives into the building, that is awesome.

yes the graphics are amazing, maybe it was the way the video was presented that didnt impres me. the character models looked brilliant, i just thinnk that based on the screenshots ive seen they could have showed off a lot more in that video

Soldato
D.P. said:
The whole world is just so much more dynamic. The gfx make not be lightyear ahead of farCry, but th interaction i the environment is immense and makes it so much more life like. Brushing past the folliage, smashing into buildings- lovely.
Indeed. Im curious as to how much CPU / CPU + Physics card power is needed. Its going to be CPU limited like never before :E

Soldato
Just looked at the video and was impressed but not as good as i thought.
Sure it looks more interactive and the facial models look cool but what are we gonna need to run this game. I should imagine it shouldnt be too much of trouble if you got todays high spec rig.
And im sure x1800 owners will play it very well along with me whos going to be a x1900xt owner very soon :D

Man of Honour
I dunno. I find it really hard to predict what kind of games are subject to cpu limitations. FEAR, for example, has quite a lot of physics effects etc, but it is incredibly GPU limited (even the 7800gtx-512 experiences huge gains from SLI). Whereas Doom3, for all it's fancy lighting effects, runs at its slowest when you are cpu limited.

Soldato
OP
bakes0310 said:
Just looked at the video and was impressed but not as good as i thought.
Sure it looks more interactive and the facial models look cool but what are we gonna need to run this game. I should imagine it shouldnt be too much of trouble if you got todays high spec rig.
And im sure x1800 owners will play it very well along with me whos going to be a x1900xt owner very soon :D

LoL oh dear.

Not if Crysis is based on Dx10.. your card wont support it...

Associate
Wow that looks good.

Makes me think twice about upgrading this year, but as others have said i would have thought it'd be a while before the hardware is out for this stuff.

Man of Honour
nick_cfc said:
i will admit, when that truck drives into the building, that is awesome.

The trouble is it's one of those sequences that, without being given the opportunity to play with ourselves, we can never be sure is genuine. By which I mean that the way the building collapses might not be down to real-time physics calculations on hundreds of objects (bits of wood etc), it could simply be a scripted sequence for a collapsing building. Games like HL2, heck even CoD have done stuff which at first glance is as impressive as that.

Soldato
OP
HangTime said:
The trouble is it's one of those sequences that, without being given the opportunity to play with ourselves, we can never be sure is genuine. By which I mean that the way the building collapses might not be down to real-time physics calculations on hundreds of objects (bits of wood etc), it could simply be a scripted sequence for a collapsing building. Games like HL2, heck even CoD have done stuff which at first glance is as impressive as that.

Except, those games dont specifically advertise they can do that which is why they are scripted. DX10 next generation technology should and is advertising it can... if that is a scripted sequence i will eat my hat, which fortunately is made of cookies... :p

Back
Top Bottom