CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
It does do some wild matches sometimes if you are out of hours, Ive even played an all chinese game where they kicked me after 1 round - lots of warping. All USA, they play different to euro and Russia is extremely common.

Ive found a pattern, it throws you an easy game then hard game, so it helps to keep track I think so you can lean into the harder games.
So I think if you win all, it'd be easy/hard/easy/hard and then on the fifth game it might promote if you win and it could be a silly hard game where they all rank above you. [If you never any mvp then maybe more games but thats my theory how it goes]
I think I was close to promoting into nova but I just failed my final win and sure enough all other ranks were golden .

So on easy game, I go any map but on hard I might stick to one choice. Cos of that system I got above my pay grade but nova players arent that hard, its just you cant play crap which i do sometimes especially if tired

wild card :o
7892554B08AC84DF61163150975686E0A4436707
Clans can screw balance up but anyway Im qualifying this as an easy game
0DFDC410AB706D9FF586ED6DC4F6EBD164873178

B215E2D595F03DA175F5A4CCFC6597D37C8B16A8

and this was a hard one, very bad screw up that one but normally its quite slight difference except the last hurdle game

Last edited:
Soldato
Release Notes for 3/26/2014

[UI]
- Scoreboard changes:
-- Added ability to use mouse cursor in scoreboard.
-- Cursor will be enabled on the scoreboard by default in halftime and endmatch.
-- When alive or spectating, if the scoreboard is visible, the cursor can be enabled by using secondary fire.
-- Players in scoreboards have left click context menus that allow you to commend, report, block communcation, etc.
-- Scoreboard will adjust to the size of the number of players in the match. Max is still 24 players.
-- Combined clan tag and name tag into one field.
- Fixed the CZ-75A icon not showing overhead during freetime.
- Added Commonwealth of Independent States flag, uses alpha 2 code "CC".
- Fixing aspect ratio of a few flags.
- On community servers after mp_swapteams or vote to swap teams the game will also swap team names and flags.

[GAMEPLAY]
- Adjusted the rules for dropping a grenade upon death: you now drop your most recently selected grenade. If you never selected a grenade, you will drop the most expensive one.
- Improved player hitbox alignment.
- Players shot in the head from the side will play a new left or right headshot flinch animation, instead of forward or backward.
- Defuse kit art has been adjusted to make them more visible.

[MISC]
- Reduced client virtual memory usage.
- Fixed an out of memory crash that could occur while downloading workshop maps.
- Fixed a hitch related to inventory icon loading.
- Players that fail to properly validate with VAC will no longer get the generic "Invalid STEAM UserID Ticket" message and instead see "An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."
- Started a trial of official competitive matchmaking on servers in South Africa.

[MAPS]
- Overpass:
-- Added connector from T water to T tunnels
-- Opened up small concrete hut near Bombsite A
-- Made wood stack near door to A tunnels climbable
-- Made it possible to shoot through wood wall near Bombsite B
-- Made area near fountain in park slightly larger
-- Tweaked environment light

- Dust2:
-- Removed some small gaps between crates in Bombsite B

- Inferno:
-- Added wallbanging on low wall near barbecue (Thanks Spunj!)
-- Revised clipping on balcony near mid

Soldato
The head hitbox is pretty big, seem to remember hs was harder in old vers too. Now its silly not to try a bit

Here is another crazy game, my score is really bad but even though one guy there is global elite (>11 ranks) we led the game at first, it was more our own team not playing.
I had one game somebody wanted to surrender after 5 rounds, we won eventually.

ngfdUeL.jpg.png
Im cs noob still since autumn 2000 but if you add here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOOCUK
anyone who wants to invite to a game of cs go can use that as a short list of active players. Most groups are too large to list members, etc

Soldato
The head hitbox is pretty big, seem to remember hs was harder in old vers too. Now its silly not to try a bit

Here is another crazy game, my score is really bad but even though one guy there is global elite (>11 ranks) we led the game at first, it was more our own team not playing.
I had one game somebody wanted to surrender after 5 rounds, we won eventually.

ngfdUeL.jpg.png
Im cs noob still since autumn 2000 but if you add here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOOCUK
anyone who wants to invite to a game of cs go can use that as a short list of active players. Most groups are too large to list members, etc

I added you dude. I'm a Gold Nova 1, but alternating between that and Gold Nova 2. I play with irl friends, and they are mostly unranked or Silver Elite (so pretty much your rank). I'll invite you in a few games if we play :)

Associate
5UB, do community events please!!!!!! [Or at least give me a server or something, and we set one up]

Nope, thats CS. No aim down sight, except scopes

I have access to a server, so could help arrange a CSGO OCUK gather some time, especially if there are some new players who want some friendly tips/practice etc.

Associate
Yes please. Didn't do great last night, lucky if I killed one a round. Did a bit better on phoenix when I paid for that, think it's cause there was load of bots on

Soldato
I have access to a server, so could help arrange a CSGO OCUK gather some time, especially if there are some new players who want some friendly tips/practice etc.

Yeh cool :) Maybe you can create a thread for each event (weekly maybe ?) And do the normal map rotation (dust, dust2, inferno, nuke, mirage, train).

Send us the server ip, and at a specific time/date we all join in. Hopefully, we can get a TS server for each team too.

Associate
Yeh cool :) Maybe you can create a thread for each event (weekly maybe ?) And do the normal map rotation (dust, dust2, inferno, nuke, mirage, train).

Send us the server ip, and at a specific time/date we all join in. Hopefully, we can get a TS server for each team too.

Only problem is that I work shifts/irregular hours, and have a penchant for doing things like going out down the pub now and then, so it will be hard to nail down any set dates/times.

Having said that, I know a fairly large number of active and friendly players, skill levels from silvers all the way up to a few Global Elites, so it should be easy enough to get mix games going as I'm sure you guys have ingame buddies etc.

Maybe we can set up some rcon access for more guys (if they seem reliable :p ). Maybe we could also set up a Steam Group for the active OcUK players from this forum, + any buddies as a meeting point for mixes, grouping etc.

Voice comms also shouldn't be a problem, if nothing else I have 10 man Mumble.

Server info:

16 slot CS:GO
Name: t00t's gaff
IP: 109.70.148.16:27015

Let me know of any thoughts/ideas etc :)

Back
Top Bottom