CS:GO Discussion

Associate
As for how to get better find people to play with and play as a team in most MM games its one or 2 guys frag hunting and not playing as a team that will cost you

Also don't be the only guy with a gun just because u can afford an ak/m4 don't mean you should if your team can't buy

Associate
Also don't be the only guy with a gun just because u can afford an ak/m4 don't mean you should if your team can't buy

Mostly this.
Even if 1 or 2 people buy if others cant buy its often better to eco and try to all buy together next round.(And possibly drop one of the numptys a gun)

Soldato
The best advice anyone can give you is whatever you do, just do it faster.

Also if you want to leave the silver ranks, play without nades. You won't die as many times due to messing around with flashes and such.

Fast peek is a good one also you could even fire hoping to catch the enemy doing the same. Shuffling out and aiming is too slow especially if you dont get a hs very soon.
If you cant peek fast enough, jump behind a box to see if anyone is there. Might sound or even be a silly move but if really playing higher ranks it gives a good chance not to die right away. A typical example, CT on the mirage B site looking apartments; you can call early

The kqly jumping shot actually works without cheats, some can do scout but m41as works, possibly

Nades dont throw in close proximity. You can nade down banana from the B site, you can nade car from the truck. Even if you mess up and flash yourself you have time to recover, indirect is good to learn. I would not put off knowing smokes, flashes are easy to go wrong.
I need to use flash better, drop flash, walk forward - simples?

Last edited:
Soldato
The ONLY reason you would cap ur fps lower than 300 is if its heat / power concerns. For a 60hz monitor you need minimum cap of 121 to reduce horizontal tearing and for 144hz 289fps.

Also just because you cant see the extra fps doesn't mean your game wont benefit from the extra fps. The game is so much more responsive at 300 fps than 100. In the BF4 thread shankly and I a while back argued all the time but I agree with him 100% here.

Most of the info given in this thread is just wrong or completely misinformed. Niks advice regarding fps is wrong and sabre there are far better ways to do what you suggest.

Last edited:
Soldato
I believe that isn't true, the server hit detection is linked to your client frame rate the faster your frame rate to the server the better you hit reg is..

When I home later I'll dig out the source network document it explains much better.

So 64 tick is there just for fun? Since the tick rate is directly proportional to the fps in your words.

Soldato
sabre there are far better ways to do what you suggest.

No doubt but we're talking GN1 here, just basic anti derp stuff. [eg. im playing back alley hostage rescue, we start game, walk in get hostage, walk out. none of the terrorists are killed or need to be - massive derp, they didnt know just 1 hostage wins round] I feel like a little goes a long way, its upto people themselves improve to get MG or better; cant really write that down so much.

Whatever documents may say or maths ratio, I think you can feel quality to fps. I swear you are trolling us Nik if saying 64fps is ok.
I know its possible, I played source cs on release at 30fps on a ti4200. But you gain from having much more, the lcd hz and the tick rate are secondary to fps as far as I can tell. But thats just my noob opinion :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I would never suggest jumping behind a box to get info its so risky. I've got quite a few kills against people that try it just by pure reflex with an ak/awp.

Shoulder peeking is usually a better way to get info.

Limiting fps is also silly IMO. I notice a difference if I have it locked at 200 compared to unlocked.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Capping fps in csgo is a big nono... It's probably worse then using an xbox controller to play with.

Thank you.

Going back on topic, after the update the game started to behave weirdly. A lot of people have came across this issue, I searched a lot of fixes for this issue... The one I posted works, 999fps whilst the map is loading and over 300 stable in MM games.

Soldato
Thank you.

Going back on topic, after the update the game started to behave weirdly. A lot of people have came across this issue, I searched a lot of fixes for this issue... The one I posted works, 999fps whilst the map is loading and over 300 stable in MM games.

That was on topic, you just want to talk about your issue which is probably just to do with potato pc. valve fixed the issue after 1 day with a 4.5mb update

Last edited:
Soldato
Buy/ get dropped a case, click to open it in game, then buy 50 keys instead of 1 from your steam wallet/ credit card.

Do NOT do this when you can go to r/globaloffensivetrade and buy them for much cheaper £1.20. This thread is full of such bad advice lel. Plus people prefer pure keys for trading in general.

Giving good advice > giving advice

Last edited:
Soldato
Do NOT do this when you can go to r/globaloffensivetrade and buy them for much cheaper £1.20. This thread is full of such bad advice lel. Plus people prefer pure keys for trading in general.

Giving good advice > giving advice

The difference is, that on /r/globaloffensivetrade there is a chance that you will get scammed.

I don't know what you're referring to about pure keys. If you buy 50 keys, you have 50 keys... "pure keys" just means that you are offering just keys, and not keys & skins...

Back
Top Bottom