CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
I've just gotten back into playing this. I played it when it first came out, then stopped and resumed when the ranking system came in, got to MGE then stopped again. Now it's been 2 years since I last played and I feel a bit out of my league, I'll have good games and bad games. The bad games are rather demoralising though, particuarly with the toxic cs community who like to inform you everytime you do something wrong!

I know you don't improve playing easy games, but as my ranking is beyond my skill level, I have to try really hard to not be bottom scorer! Ah well, perseverance and all that. It's a shame all my friends left, it would be nice to play with some people that aren't screaming in russian.

Soldato
Well i managed to grab 2 easy wins after the 2 losses playing with you guys last night. I was probably a bit of a lead weight in those games for you all :(

The first game on Nuke we ruined the opposing team even to the point of a taser train when we were 15:1 up. Bagged 2 tases before we got wiped then ended it the next round. Was a GN1 game and some how the opposing team has 1 GN1 and 3 silver 1-2's and 1 unranked. Afterwards we actually apologised to them for the match making.

The second game was Cache and we won but both teams were being carried by 1 guy on each, smurfing it. Again GN1 game. I did however get a hilarious wallbang headshot at A squeaky through the wall with an AWP which caused a lot of hacks accusations.

I was killed the exact same way with a Scout wallbang a week ago so though I would luck it after hearing someone in squeaky and it paid off. I have the demo from both so i will upload a quick video probably tonight

Nah you weren't the dead weight Problem is more on me and 5UB not playing well usually the rank deficit is covered by us playing our on game but both me and 5ub were playing crap. REg was rubbish on Cache too many a shot not landing 6 57 bullets in the back 54 dmg 2 hits......

Essentially when you're the highest rank and boosting the ranks of the enemy team you have to play well or everyone suffers. just look at that team on inferno that jumper guy was raging dying every round bot fragging mad at getting shot because he was doing dumb stuff over and over, meanwhile at the top of the scoreboard his 87 mill 100 hour friend was pre-fire peaking corners and playing like an LE. The only mistakes he made was being over confident. Not sure if cheat or smurf though because I don't honestly believe a guy playing like that can achieve such a low rank intentionally.

as for cache we did great on eco's but every buy round we got raped by the p90 rush :/

Soldato
ESEA is great if oyu are DMG or above but pls don't join if you are Silver / nova etc. Played with 1 LEM + 2 supremes, a GN1 and me the other day....VS high levels having a GN1 on our team was worse than having a bot

im currently in the ranks you say and play ESEA, never get shouted at for being crap or anything and i pay the fee to play so will continue to do so.

playing against higher ranked players i find more enjoyable and it helps me as you gotta get good quick.

Soldato
I would generally agree with Raider that you cant really go on esea and play nova. I will also argue people can play above their level, I found it way too stressful as at least 3 coffees required to even be in the right time zone reactions wise :p and I would not attempt it again now.
If you found a nova, a lot of the time its just a free trial for a week and those codes only work once every 6 months.
I did play with one guy gn2 who could kill LEM, not just lucky kills but genuinely get maybe 15 decent kills in a normal match. Very rare people can outperform consistently that well though and his mm rank was wrong tbh

Also ESEA has put in skill matching, in theory both sides should have a lower player. They are going to change RWS to 70 ranks at some point ? Players might not want it but I think esea wants everyone to be able to be able to play not just near LEM

Don't worry, I'm crap at this game as well... I've been DMG for over 3-6 months now? :rolleyes:

Decent rank is not LEM, I think thats putting it way too high. Anything less is a bit of a joke to a pro team I guess but thats not my definition of decent
Silver - beginner/casual
nova - amateur
MG - intermediate
Eagle+ - sub pro

Also anybody else know if the famas has been buffed lately?
I seem to be doing really well with it know conpared to a couple weeks ago.
Still suck with the galil though so I avoid that at the moment.

Famas is much better then p90 or similar. Its not changed, just a good one to learn for the money. So long as you get headshots it kills fast, its longer range. Most dont like its spray like galil but I think its easier to use then galil but not many could do 3k with it that well especially in a rush.
If we are losing I buy Famas, chest armor, decoy and its less then just 1 m4, AK will 1 shot head armour anyway and famas can be lethal enough to win. Any spare cash is more usefully spent on a smoke imo

I would never suggest jumping behind a box to get info its so risky. I've got quite a few kills against people that try it just by pure reflex with an ak/awp.

Shoulder peeking is usually a better way to get info.
I wouldnt suggest as normal but occasionally yea. Normal strafe peek would be less predictable and jumping can be an easy kill but to people passing into nova, I think its ok to bear in mind. The video clip above shows a jump
A big mistake was the really slow peek or just blatantly standing in the open waiting. Plant the bomb and people go chase kills or just stand there, best thing is peekaboo :p Waste CT time, make them come over and take you out of cover dont do it for them and hopefully time runs out or you can do normal strafe peek kill. Checking very fast is a good tip as low ranks dont do this always , I was just adding that on and Ive seen every rank do it to some extent so I think its an option if not the best one.
An example, d2 b site window, you can peek tunnels exit by jumping without really exposing yourself if the angles are right.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Decent rank is not LEM, I think thats putting it way too high. Anything less is a bit of a joke to a pro team I guess but thats not my definition of decent
Silver - beginner/casual
nova - amateur
MG - intermediate
Eagle+ - sub pro
So what would DMG be classed as in your opinion? :confused:

Soldato
lol

from my mixing days in other CS games

you would search for low/mid/mid+/high/high teams/ high+/High+ teams

that would transfer now to

Silver is low

gn1-gn3 is mid

Gn4 to mge is Mid +

DMG is probably what you would call High mix skill

LE is high team skill

Above that is high + and high + teams. since most people above LE don't solo Queue it's hard to suggest their are many exclusive Solo Q high + skilled players Essentially if you're in a team and you aren't LE or above you won't be in the upper tier at iseries (top 16 teams in the uk contain mainly LEM's and SMF's)

Once you go above LE you will come across people who understand strats and team strats and also have pretty good to exceptional aim.

in DMG you will have people who can play well in a team but are average players and people who suck in team work but excell in aim and as such carry any game vs mge and below. but as soon as the peak near LE and team work is needed they let themselves down.

It's important to remember that LEM and SMFC and LE are yoyo ranks My friend Ralleh or used to play for Reason gaming and his aim is awesome he is SMF one week and LE the next you can lose 10 in a row at that level easily.

The reason DMG is the sort of milestone rank is becuase from DMG you need to be looking at teams and playing with similar skilled people regularly to improve.

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone above DMG Low and Mid is the same thing

I have to say though Rich now to Rich 3 months ago is miles different.

He still does things that make me think wtf? Like reloading with 10 in the clip and knowing where the last guy was. But that's just game sense and that comes with practice.

You can be an average Aimer with solid game sense and go along way in this game. Especially if you are socially capable and willing to be a team player.

Last edited:
Associate
ESEA is great if oyu are DMG or above but pls don't join if you are Silver / nova etc. Played with 1 LEM + 2 supremes, a GN1 and me the other day....VS high levels having a GN1 on our team was worse than having a bot

Whilst I will admit it is silly for a silver to bother playing esea, could you be anymore arrogant? It's a good thing it's ok for you to play in a game with supremes but it's not ok for a nova to play in a game with an MGE or whatever the hell you are. Also I recall you banging on about how MM etc is rubbish and ESEA is so amazing. ESEA does not put you on a pedestal above everyone else. Having paid for esea in both source and go, in my opinion it is load of rubbish. Pay a monthly subscription like a chump to play pug matches with randoms who frag hunt.

Soldato
bot's cheat so that's not accurate

I still think valve should have a minimum hours on core maps to enter ranked.

Sure people could idle it but it would also cut down on smurfing as not as many people are prepared to play 10+ hours on D2 inferno nuke train before they can start pwning noobs in ranked.

Soldato
Whilst I will admit it is silly for a silver to bother playing esea, could you be anymore arrogant? It's a good thing it's ok for you to play in a game with supremes but it's not ok for a nova to play in a game with an MGE or whatever the hell you are. Also I recall you banging on about how MM etc is rubbish and ESEA is so amazing. ESEA does not put you on a pedestal above everyone else. Having paid for esea in both source and go, in my opinion it is load of rubbish. Pay a monthly subscription like a chump to play pug matches with randoms who frag hunt.

that's pretty much all MM is only on rubbish servers

Associate
that's pretty much all MM is only on rubbish servers

Not really. MM is free.... Esea you pay monthly for the privilege of playing on 128tick rather than 64. MM I can play with any of my friends I wish to, esea requires you and all your friend base to be members and pay.

Back
Top Bottom