Cubey is revealed!

Soldato
Looks like a microwave with a mesh grill on the side...

b_mini_v300.gif

Caporegime
I'm not a big fan of cube cases, as has already been mentioned, they are too tall to put a monitor on top, and take up too much width on a desk. I think a Shuttle is the only cube-like machine I would get along with, because it doesn't use up any more width than a normal tower. Also I think having the drives in the side is weird.

Soldato
suicidle_tramp said:
80mm fans! Why are they doing this :(

Because if they fit a 120mm, it'll probably take up all the space for other parts.
Well, a 80mm isn't THAT bad... just need to switch it for something more silent if you're worried.

I thought this case looks alright, but don't seem right to have CD drive on the right/left - can't fit the "Cube" into a small space.

Soldato
suicidle_tramp said:
80mm fans! Why are they doing this :(

80mm fans are perfectly fine. :confused:

It will push less air at a comparable noise level to a 120mm but it will be able to cool a mATX rig with the fans at the front, it also sets them up for a + version with 92mm/120mm fans at the front when they find some other issues with it.

Lian Li cases traditionally of recent years only get good once the magical + has been put on the end of them. :(

Saying that, we can't really comment on how it looks from the pictures, as NO Lian Li, Silverstone or ATCs case I have seen has been 1/10th as good in pictures as it is in real life, they just do not photograph well so wait until you see one!

I like the look of it, so it should be ace in real life!

Soldato
There are the Cubit cases by Hoojum Design.

Thats about all I can think of, the Aria is sort of like it as is the Sugo, although more of a rectangle. :p

Soldato
Bar the cut out they look really good up close!

Its the smallness of them I dislike, keep it big and easy to fit stuff into is how I work. :D

Soldato
That's very interesting - it look very much like a well made X-QPack.

They have solved the PSU length issue by turning the optical drives through 90 degrees - SMART

But they have now introduced an issue with long graphics cards - NOT SO SMART

Looks like I'm buying a further V600 (Note the lack of a B) as I have a few silver drives lying about and the black anodising scratches too easily, the Akasa's are significantly better finished than the Lian-lis!

Soldato
WJA96 said:
But they have now introduced an issue with long graphics cards - NOT SO SMART
Easily fixed :p

Also did you notice the price, only $99 so around £80 here, not bad at all and certainly gives the sugo a run for it's money.

Soldato
I will reserve my judgement on this until I see and hopefully use one.

I wrote the Sugo off before seeing it, and was made to eat my words as it was and still is the best smallish case about.

Don't think Lian Li will beat Silverstone in the SFF and HTPC areas yet, just have to wait till cebit and the Lian Li HTPC range pops up.... *dreams* ;)

Soldato
p4radox said:
You just can't win when it comes too SFF to be honest. I'm not keen on this, I'd rather have a Sugo - much nicer shape. :)
I agree on the shape of things but this case doesn't look as big as it seems, I'll wait to see some reviews but I don't think my Sugo will be getting scared about being sold anytime too soon.

oh and i had to quote your post because of your grammar, tut tut.

Back
Top Bottom