Curiosity Inspired Long Range Remote Vehicle - a project I want to get OCUK started on.

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, is everyone who signed up still interested ? Only 1 person has registered on the rover discussion forum :(

Have also emailed all the people who entered an email address for the spread sheet :)

Soldato
I am VERY interested in this project.

I do not have any form of skills to contribute to this project directly but I will donate a limited amount of Haribo sweets to fuel the minds of the project team.

Soldato
OP
I am VERY interested in this project.

I do not have any form of skills to contribute to this project directly but I will donate a limited amount of Haribo sweets to fuel the minds of the project team.

Excellent :D Have seen you put your name on the spread sheet :)

Just for recaps, the links everyone needs is:

https://docs.google.com/a/bpwalker....62RLR9badEhkQUhscEI1SndGSXZVVmNtNmhuYlE#gid=0

http://ocukroverteam.freeforums.org/ocuk-rover-team-discussion-f1.html

Thanks

Soldato
I can help out and have added some skills (I have loads more) to the spreadsheet.

I can also offer the services of my company (very small, but can donate some materials for the laser and some electronic components and the like) I run when not in my main job. I am also fully qualified in machining, manufacturing, programming CNC machinery and can also draft with 2D and 3D cad.

I have here a nice 60W Laser Cutter (and a smaller one) with a 600x400mm bed size, capable of plastics and woods but no metals. Also have a small lathe with a 5" chucking capacity capable of anything you can throw at it. Its not a cheap bench one, but a proper floor standing light manufacturing one. Alas, no milling machine (yet!)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like a really cool project :)

In terms of what I think is needed for this project I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.

I know C and Java, pretty good with CAD (Mostly Solidworks) and a bit of CFD experience. I used to be part of a robotics club so know a little (dated info perhaps now) about electronics, mainly speed controllers, radio control and the like. Just finished a degree in Maths and Physics, so know a fair amount when it comes to that. I'm about to start a masters in cyber security, but hopefully we won't be needing that knowledge :p

Soldato
OP
Awesome! So many talented people I'm in awe! lol this is going to end up being better than curiosity :D :p lol

Remember to head on over to the rover chat forum, latest topic is functional specs and self righting ideas, but we only have 3.5 regular posters! Would be great if everyone put there 2p in so please head on over and register:

http://ocukroverteam.freeforums.org/all-rover-chat-in-here-f2.html

Associate
I would be happy to run some kind of sponsorship programme.

I guess something along the lines of £20-25 gets a square of a certain size to display anything they want on. I could then get vinyls made up with the images/text people want and we can apply them to a panel on the rover.

I have no electronic skills at all but I am a chartered accountant for a large professional services firm so that could help in some way.

Back
Top Bottom