1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current build vs future build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Auraomega, 2 Oct 2009.

1. Auraomega

Wise Guy

Hi,

I posted on here a couple of days ago about the PC I'm planning on building and I was just wondering what sort of improvements I can expect over my current PC, just rough guestimates :p

Current setup, Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 3gb generic (I.E. low speed) DDR2 RAM, nVidia GeForce 8500, 5400rpm hdd and some cheap MSI mobo.

Future setup, i5 750 @ 4GHz hopefully, 4GB DDR3 RAM, nVidia 275 (Sparkle), 7200rpm HDD and MSI P55 mobo.

2. PermaBanned

Capodecina

Not really any more than you would just getting some upgrades for your current system. A new motherboard, new RAM, new GFX (probably a 5850), new HDD. Maybe PSU and Case. Thinking about it, the onlything you would be keeping would be the Q660... your choice. If you don't want it any more i could take it off your hands maybe? :p

3. Auraomega

Wise Guy

I mean though, how noticable will the upgrades be? Obviously I'll notice a leap in gaming (hell UT04 is the latest game I can play on full, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. pretty much rapes my system on top settings), but will I see a big difference in normal day to day use? Its the first high spec PC I'm building and the price is just a bit.. ugh, daunting I guess :p

4. McstylisT

Perma Banned

It will be much snappier compared to the Q6600 and the cheap ram you were using. I personally upgraded from a Q9550 to a i7 920 ( similar to i5 750 ) and noticed some speed increases across the general use of the computer.

McT

5. PermaBanned

Capodecina

Normal day to day use? Probably not that much. I want to know why your current system is so wierd though... great CPU but the rest of it goes downhill.

6. Auraomega

Wise Guy

Needed components, fast... that plus I had to get my stuff from PC World -.- got a netbook from there, it was crap and they had me by the... so it was either have the crap netbook, or build a PC from the crappy components they had to offer... It has served me well though so I can't complain too much :rolleyes: