Custom Loop Guide - How to Watercool your PC

Soldato
@Cleeecooo

Yeah - i noticed the cost of the pre-fitted wc blocks were substantially higher. Thing is, I'd very much like to get a new card in prep for BF3 :D *and* WC it. So not sure whether to wait to see what cards come out in September, if any, or spend the time and WC my current 480.

new gen of cards due Q1 next year

Something tells me it'd be wiser to WC a 580.... :D
480 and 580 are very similar in performance

Associate
Just a few beginners questions.
When you are going to add another gpu into the already finished watercooling system, do you drain the whole system or just as much as you need for the water not to leak when you install the new gpu?
And when you drain the system, where do you disconnect the hoses? Do you take away the hose that goes into the res in the end or just somewhere as far away from any electronic as possible?
Are there maybe a good guide somewhere about how to drain your system in a safe way?

Really good guide, will come in handy next week when I will build my own watercooled computer :).

Associate
Almost at the point of doing my purchases and I thank you for sharing your experience as an introduction to water cooling. I have to say only been on air before but sourcing suppliers who have the stuff you want, is more than frustrating, this is to save postage. More than one firm stocks my requirements but never has all my needs. I can't remember this happening so much to my air builds but I am 61 so I may have forgotten LOL;)

Permabanned
OP
Almost at the point of doing my purchases and I thank you for sharing your experience as an introduction to water cooling. I have to say only been on air before but sourcing suppliers who have the stuff you want, is more than frustrating, this is to save postage. More than one firm stocks my requirements but never has all my needs. I can't remember this happening so much to my air builds but I am 61 so I may have forgotten LOL;)

Haha no worries mate, and good luck :)

Associate
Amazing guide :D Makes me want to watercool now, and I have the same case which is oddly convenient!

Quick question: which radiator and fans do you have at the top? I was thinking of getting this kit (XSPC Rasa 750 RX360) but I'm not sure there's room for the massive radiator as well as fans. Also, do you reckon push/pull is needed there?

Thanks for making the guide and inspiring me!

Back
Top Bottom