Custom PSU Cover im making and Help with Fan placement?

Associate
Hey folks so i have a spare piece of 3mm Acrylic laying about and going to make a PSU Cover for my Project Uprising HAF 932 see it here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/project-uprising.18481161/page-4#post-31121039

The Spray paint im looking at purchasing is the Plasti-kote Super Enamel Paint im just wondering if its none conductive and if the Gloss or Matt would be best suited to my case?

Also Purchasing a Acrylic cutter and some Red vinyl to make it Custom to the theme.

Soldato
It wouldn't matter if the paint was conductive, if you have anything delivering current sticking out and touching a simple shroud then you have more fundamental problems :p

I'm no paint expert but I'd be mindful of any solvents in enamel paint that could soften and warp the acrylic. Personally I'd vinyl wrap the entire thing rather than painting.

Associate
OP
Yea was thinking that maybe Black on the outside then do a red on inside and Cut out the pattern i want in the black and it will see red ? here's how it looks currently btw

aWssiZZ.jpg

But will soon have the following System with a RX VEGA 56 STRIX :)

hf4ZpuA.png

Also i have a Fair few of these lying about was thinking about Placing one in the top of the Cover so my GPU cables can run straight up into my Gpu with some Cable combs :)

6bdobN8.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok So i need your guys help im currently using the GPU Bracket in my case with a 120mm Enermax T.B Apolish Fan i want to keep the fan but not to fused about the Air duct the Problem im having is that the RX VEGA 56 version im looking into getting is the Asus Strix edition as it looks Cool and Will release sometime this Month if Asus stick to there word.

As you can see from the Images below the Card as per the Asus Website will Feature the same Cooler as on the GTX 1080 TI assuming the 56 Version will be the same thats 298mm my case can Support up to 320mm cards but with the fan Installed an Extra 25mm im then 3mm Over the Limit so i have 2 Options i either Remove the HDD bay completely and somehow find someone to place my 2 Hard drives or I Mount the Fan Lower Down the HDD bay and have some of it in the PSU Cover?

Bfsd1QZ.jpg

D4TXWwM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom