1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom PSU Cover im making and Help with Fan placement?

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by lloydcars18, 16 Sep 2017.

Tags:
  1. lloydcars18

Gangster

Hey folks so i have a spare piece of 3mm Acrylic laying about and going to make a PSU Cover for my Project Uprising HAF 932 see it here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/project-uprising.18481161/page-4#post-31121039

The Spray paint im looking at purchasing is the Plasti-kote Super Enamel Paint im just wondering if its none conductive and if the Gloss or Matt would be best suited to my case?

Also Purchasing a Acrylic cutter and some Red vinyl to make it Custom to the theme.

2. LePhuronn

Soldato

It wouldn't matter if the paint was conductive, if you have anything delivering current sticking out and touching a simple shroud then you have more fundamental problems :p

I'm no paint expert but I'd be mindful of any solvents in enamel paint that could soften and warp the acrylic. Personally I'd vinyl wrap the entire thing rather than painting.

3. lloydcars18

Gangster

Yea was thinking that maybe Black on the outside then do a red on inside and Cut out the pattern i want in the black and it will see red ? here's how it looks currently btw

[​IMG]

But will soon have the following System with a RX VEGA 56 STRIX :)

[​IMG]

Also i have a Fair few of these lying about was thinking about Placing one in the top of the Cover so my GPU cables can run straight up into my Gpu with some Cable combs :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Sep 2017
  4. Broady21.pb

Gangster

^ That rad just looks wrong like that. Maybe it's just me, but it spoils the look of your case.

5. lloydcars18

Gangster

It was just a temporary thing haven't got round to moving it New system just going to use the Wraith spire cooler then going Fully water-cooled next year

6. lloydcars18

Gangster

Ok So i need your guys help im currently using the GPU Bracket in my case with a 120mm Enermax T.B Apolish Fan i want to keep the fan but not to fused about the Air duct the Problem im having is that the RX VEGA 56 version im looking into getting is the Asus Strix edition as it looks Cool and Will release sometime this Month if Asus stick to there word.

As you can see from the Images below the Card as per the Asus Website will Feature the same Cooler as on the GTX 1080 TI assuming the 56 Version will be the same thats 298mm my case can Support up to 320mm cards but with the fan Installed an Extra 25mm im then 3mm Over the Limit so i have 2 Options i either Remove the HDD bay completely and somehow find someone to place my 2 Hard drives or I Mount the Fan Lower Down the HDD bay and have some of it in the PSU Cover?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. lloydcars18

Gangster

BUMP

8. lloydcars18

Gangster

BUMP really need some help with this guys making the Cover sometime next week.

9. xldeane

Gangster

You need a bigger case mate... Sort all your problems :)

xl...out

10. lloydcars18

Gangster

Its a HAF 932 Its Massive and i Love it wouldn't dare change it. I have some Big Plans for it :)

11. lloydcars18

Gangster

BUMP

12. xldeane

Gangster

13. lloydcars18

Gangster

Just Found an Image of them also I Purchased a Corsair 800D Grommet set then made them fit my case.

14. lloydcars18

Gangster

15. lloydcars18

Gangster

BUMP

16. lloydcars18

Gangster

BUMP

17. lloydcars18

Gangster

Just Ordered the Vinyl wrap is 75c heat resistant high enough dont want it catching fire :(